𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

-Diana's POV-

I sit down at the table with Jane, she got off of work early tonight so she asked me to have dinner with her. She made lasagna, I helped of course.

"I got some college application results back this week." I tell Jane as I take a bite of my food.

"Really? What schools?" She asks.

"Saint George's, Cypress academy I think, Eastview and Emerson's." I lean down on my palm and she hums.

"And...what's the verdict?"

"I got into them all surprisingly." I say and she smiles.

"That's so good, Diana. You're already accepted to four colleges."

"Yeah but there acceptance rates are high anyway, they aren't known. Out of the four I only really consider Saint George's and at that..I don't know." I shrug.

"You should be proud of yourself either way, when are the Yale results out?" She questions and I take a sip of my soda.

"They're supposed to be out next Friday. Browns are out too that day."

"That's exciting, are you inviting Charlie over to see the results or..?"

"Yeah, of course. Would it be okay if Natalie came over too? She really helped out with my application." I say and Jane looks at me for a second.

"Are you two dating?"

"....No? I mean it's not official."

"Why don't you ask her over for dinner?"

"Huh?"

"I haven't had a proper conversation with her, I want to meet her if you two are serious."

"Yeah...I can um...I'll ask her tomorrow." I smile and she nods.

"How was your day in school anyway?"

"It was good, I just don't like not having classes with Charlie. Sometimes I have to sit next to people I don't talk to, it's awkward."

"Is Charlie still not going to college?"

"Yeah, he's trying to get a job at the bar though. He wants to join a band and be the guitarist, he can play for sure but...he just doesn't have any people to play with."

"Does he have any boyfriend?"

"No, he liked a guy called Kai. He was really nice, I liked him but I'm not sure where they stand with each other anymore. What about you? How's work? Anything interesting?"

"It's...going. I mostly was just getting fingerprints off of stuff today, it was a slow day." She sighs and I nod.

"Aww. I got my graduation outfit." I say.

"Oo, what did you get?"

"It's a long pink dress, it has little flowers on it and puffy sleeves. I got pink heels to go with it."

"Sounds beautiful, I can't wait to see it."

"It should be here in two weeks, so a little bit before graduation."

"How are you feeling about graduating?"

"Nervous..I guess, I actually want to invite Arabella and Floyd." I put down my fork since I'm stuffed.

"....Who are they?" Jane asks.

"People I know, I work with Floyd....Him and his family really helped out a couple of months ago."