She Who Rules the Sea

"Good morning, Harry."

"Oh, Dawson, you're still here?"

"Harry, please," Ezi sighed as she carried the plates of steaming bacon and eggs to the table, joining Dawson and Maggie. Maggie was too busy reading the morning newspaper with her cup of tea to pay attention to the weird dynamic between Harry and Dawson, which Ezi failed to understand no matter how hard she tried. Dawson seemed to love Harry even though Harry claimed that it was all fake and that Dawson lowkey prayed for his downfall.

"How was your sleep?" Harry asked as he took a seat beside Ezi, glaring at Dawson, who was sitting on her other side.

"It was alright," said Ezi. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Do not worry about me. You sit there and enjoy your breakfast, young lady. Dawson?"

Dawson looked up from his plate. "Yeah?"

"Could you make me a cup of tea?" Harry commanded.

"Why do I have to do it?"

"Because you already got your bacon and eggs and I just want a cup of tea?"

"Oh, you're so full of shit sometimes, you know that?"

"For fuck's sakes!" Maggie exclaimed and all eyes were on her as she put the newspaper down and got up. "I'll make you tea, insufferable child. What else do you want? A full English breakfast?"

"Oooh, that would be gre—" Harry's mouth clamped shut when Maggie shot him a death glare. "Tea would be fine. Thanks, Maggie."

Shaking her head, Maggie put the kettle on. Harry turned back to Ezi, smiling. "No bad dreams last night, I hope?"

Ezi was just about to answer when Dawson jumped in, "Actually, she couldn't sleep and went into the kitchen for water. I was there because I couldn't sleep either, so we stayed up and chatted for a bit. It was nice."

Harry seemed offended. "Oh, why couldn't you sleep, Dawson?"

"Strange bed."

"What are you? Five?"

"Said the one who was still pissing his pants at five years old."

"Hey, I was four!"

Ezi buried her face into her palm. Oh god, couldn't Maggie hurry up with that cup of tea? Harry was always unbearable before his morning tea.

"What were you two talking about anyway?" he asked, eyes shifting between Ezi and Dawson, who had this smug look on his face, seemingly happy to have pissed Harry off. Ezi must admit that pissing Harry off was also her favourite past-time, but not the first thing in the morning, when he was the most annoying.

"Oh, nothing really," she said. "Dawson just had a lot of questions about sirens and all that."

"Harry, here's your tea, you little shit."

When Maggie handed Harry his steaming cup, his face lit up instantly. Breakfast carried on without any more drama. Still, Ezi couldn't help dreading what was about to come.

Once they were done eating and had cleared the table, Maggie lay out a huge map that took up almost the entire surface, and everyone gathered around like they were in some sort of war meeting.

"Funny how you just have this gigantic map lying around," Harry said, standing behind Ezi with his chin on the top of her head as if to make sure Dawson got the message. Childish, Ezi thought, but she couldn't be bothered to tell him off, and she was secretly enjoying it too.

"It's not like I work in a bookshop or anything," Maggie said, voice dripping with sarcasm. "Anyway, Harry, I would appreciate it if you don't speak for the next fifteen minutes."