Chapter 7: Family Outing

I was wondering what he was doing inside of that club and it was amazing that he never mentioned to me that he was going in that down low club. He was looking at me with a blank face then he started whispering something.

Me: Naw nigga speak louder what you doing in that club nigga

Chris: Why don't you calm you're ass down, we just does go there to chill then listen to music . I know you don't expect me to be in this house all day plus I'm here alone. You don't know how hard this has been for me at least you had your mom and everyone there with you. I only got Terry here and my mom six feet under. I just felt alone and was missing you then the club not far it was just a getaway for me and Terry.

Me: Ok cool so why don't you just pack up and come home Chris

Chris: I don't know if it safe for me to come back home right now

Me: You haven't talked to your uncle?

Chris: Not for a minute I got to check back with him and see how things looking but if he says the heat gone we can move home then I will in a second. How is your wound let me see it (He pulled up my shirt to look at my bullet wound then he kissed it and it was so sweet) How it feeling baby?

Me: It does itch like crazy and it does still hurt a little bit but other then that it's all well. I was so lucky that it didn't hit any major organ because I would be dead right now. This scar is a constant reminder I have to say about that day sometimes I still be scared to walk the road.

Chris: I'm sorry baby

Me: Its cool baby I just does be scared and I don't feel safe because you aint there. I remember when we first started to talk and I use to sleep over at your crib. I use to feel so safe and when we started to get to know each other more finding out there's a lot I don't know about you. Learning about your father and your brother then knowing more about how you grow up. The way you jump up and cuddle in my arms when you dream about your mom. I just love what we have but you have to go visit her grave that why she keep coming to you in your sleep she wants to see you Chris.

Chris: You know I haven't gone to her grave since the funeral, I don't know a part of me still can't believe it and the little boy in me just want to break out in tears . Just cry until she come back but love in me just telling me to be strong and get over it but maybe you right I should go see her. I just miss her a lot I kind of feel odd without her.

Me: I can't imagine how you feel still but all I can do is just be here for you and be that support but it's almost a year already you see that. How is your brother and father I haven't even seen Troy in a minute or I'm I to gay to hang with.

Chris: You aint but I don't want you hanging with him anyway, I don't know about them my father does be calling me everyday asking for money. I just don't think he deserve a dime from me because he wasn't a father to me your daddy was there for me. I forgive him for how he handle us but I still don't think he should be asking me for money. Troy just been acting hella funny even when I call him he was just answering me short and shit.

Me: You think it's because of me and you that were a together (I said as I walked in the bathroom to check on KJ who was just playing in the tub and had the bathroom underwater then Chris game in after me as we took him out then we went in the room)

Chris: Yea I think its because of that but he never had a problem with it before so why he acting up now I don't understand him.

Me: Talk to him about it

Chris: I should but I getting to the point in my life where this right here the three of us is the only thing I care about right now. If he can't accept me and love me like a brother then he can carry his ass one time because I getting to old to be worrying about his feelings.