22

"Hey, never give up, okay Hana?" Karube comforted his younger sister who tried applying to a university but wasn't accepted.

"It's just- I worked so hard. I know I skipped class here and there, but I had good grades. I don't get it." Hana wiped the tears away from her face, feeling the lump in her throat once again.

"Hey, hey. Just breathe. Don't stress yourself out even more," Karube brought a box of tissues over to his sister, pushing it toward her. "Take one."

Hana took one of the pieces of kleenex and wiped her face, most of her makeup running down her face as she sighed. "Dammit."

"Hey guys- woah, Hana. Are you okay?" Arisu asked as he walked in with Chota.

"What happened?" Chota asked, leaning against one of the tables.

"I- uh, I just didn't get into one of the Universities. I'm just being dramatic, guys." Hana laughed it off as she attempted to get the runny mascara off of her face.

"Arisu, sit here. Hana, I know what will make you feel better," He held up a glass. "A drink!"

Hana couldn't help but smile at the gesture. "Thanks, Karube."

"You know, Hana, those Universities weren't good if they didn't accept you," Chota comforted the girl, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Other schools will see your worth, and those will be the right ones."

Hana smiled at the man gratefully. "Thank you, Chota. That means a lot to me."

"Anytime." He smiled back.

"Here's your drink," Karube slid the drink over to his sister. "It's on the house."

"Won't your boss be mad?" Hana asked as she took a sip of her drink, the familiar burning sensation in her throat. "That's strong."

Karube let out a chuckle before shaking his head. "He doesn't have to know."

Hana smiled as she took another sip of her drink. She immediately felt like someone was looking at her - it was Karube. "Is there something on my face?"

"Hana, you can't give up," he suddenly said. "You need to wake up."

────────────