in sickness and health

in sickness & health: While Rudy takes care of a sick Y/n, he finds himself sick as well.
———
this was requested <3
———

My body was going from hot to cold as I tossed and turned. One second I wanted the comforter on and the next I was having a hot flash. I'd go from shivering to fanning myself and I was doing everything not to wake Rudy up, I knew it was late.

"What are you doing?" Rudy mumbled in his half asleep state. I was sick, extremely sick and I wanted nothing more than to be taken care of by him, but I felt guilty asking.

"I can't sleep. This place is a sauna." I huffed and stuck one leg out from under the covers. My nose was running like a faucet so I had a mess of tissues collecting on the floor next to my bed, they were a tomorrow problem. A sudden wave of nausea ran through me and I sat up, "Rudy," I shoved his arm, "Rudy—" Covering my mouth I ran to the bathroom and threw my body to the floor, lifting the toilet seat and throwing up my dinner.

"Oh, honey, you're sick sick." Rudy's voice was soft as I continued to throw up, it was burning my throat and beads of sweat slipped from my forehead, "Here." He gathered my hair and tied it into a hair-tie. I heard running water and seconds later I felt a cold washcloth being held to my forehead.

"I think I'm dying." I joked and leaned back onto the ground, my back being met with his chest as he leaned us against the wall. He reached to the side and grabbed the thermometer that was on the countertop from checking my temp earlier.

"Under your tongue." He gestured and I opened my mouth. I closed my eyes and found myself drifting to sleep laying on him until the obnoxious sound of beeping echoed through my ears. He slipped the thermometer out of my mouth, "102.4"

"I'm sleeping on the couch, I don't want you sick." I began pushing my body up, a bit shaky, and grabbed a pail we had under the sink before slowly making my way out of the bathroom. Rudy followed behind me and held one hand on my arm while the other rubbed my back.

"You're not sleeping on the couch, you're sleeping next to me. In sickness and health, remember?" He asked with a small chuckle. I shot him an loving but annoyed glance, he was always so stubborn. Of course, I wanted him to take care of me more than anything, but if he got sick I'd feel horrible.

"I need water and ice." I lifted the covers and slid under them. I felt as though I could feel every nerve ending in my body, my head was throbbing every time my heart pounded. I can't remember the last time I was this sick.

"Water and ice chips comin' right up." After Rudy made sure I was tucked in with the washcloth over my forehead he placed the pail on the ground so it would be easy for me to reach and went to the kitchen. When he came back he had a bottle of water and cup full of ice.

"I crushed the ice cubes up because I know you like crushed ice better." He smiled at me and handed me the cup, placing the bottle of water on the night stand. As I began chewing on the ice he made his way around the bed and joined me on his side, "It's three o'clock though, you should try your best to sleep."

"Can you do me one more favor?" I turned to look at him, "Pretty please?" My voice was raspy from being up so late and I felt bad for asking but if I stood up again I knew I'd be throwing up in seconds.

"What is it?" His hand rested on my arm as his thumb rubbed small circles on my skin, "Are you hungry? Need another blanket? Need the fan on?"

"Advil, please, and the fan on would be amazing." I felt him get out of bed and pushed my body into the blankets more. He once again returned with medicine and flipped the switch for the fan. After taking two advil I felt more comfortable, the fan kept me cool while the blanket kept me warm. It was a weird happy medium.

"Kiss." Rudy pouted and leaned over the bed, his lips hovering over mine, "I can't sleep without a kiss."

"No, you're going to get sick." I argued and placed my hand over his mouth. He licked my hand and I pulled it away, he had a grin on his lips.

"No I won't, kiss me so I can sleep." He playfully insisted. I grabbed his chin softly and placed a quick kiss onto his lips. With an even bigger smile forming on his face he cozied into bed and we both drifted to sleep.

*the next morning*

I wish I could say I was woken up to birds chirping and soft music playing, which was my usual mornings. Not today though, today I was woken up to Rudy throwing up in the bathroom. The washcloth from last night slid off my forehead and onto the floor as I looked around.

"Ru?" I called out. When I sat up I didn't feel the nausea and my pounding headache was almost gone, definitely still somewhat there though. My feet carried me into our bathroom and I saw him hunched over the toilet, the same way I was the night prior.

"I think," He let out a deep breath, "I'm dying." I sat on the ground next to him, letting my head rest onto his shoulder.

"My turn to take care of you." I said quietly and pushed myself off the ground. When I was standing I wobbled a little, still feeling slightly sick, but I pushed through and wet a washcloth for him. As I held the cloth out to him I spoke again, "In sickness and health, remember?" He smiled at the quote he used last night and placed the cold rag onto his forehead.

"You're still sick, you should be laying down." I could see the guilt on his face and even though I was, in fact, still sick. I wasn't going to sit around while my love was throwing up. Before I could respond he quickly leaned forward and began throwing up again.

After he was leaned against the wall again taking deep breathes I slid the thermometer into his mouth and waited for the familiar beep, "103.1, c'mon." I helped him stand as we both made our way back to bed. We looked a mess, our hair every which way, sweat making our clothing stick to our skin, and we both were hunched over slightly because of the sick feeling. When I joined on the other side I could feel him go from shivering to pushing the blankets off him, the same way I had.

"We can share the bucket." I joked, placing the pail on the bed between us. That way if either of us had the urge to be sick the bucket would be within reach.

As we laid facing one another I saw sweat sticking his hair to his forehead and dark circles beginning to form under his eyes, I'm sure I looked similar. Even though neither of us were feeling our best, I was glad we had each other to lean on and care for.

______________

I like this one and I hope you like it too<3