surfs up

surfs up: y/n hells jj get a job as something she knew he'd enjoy, a surf instructor.
———
i'll be working on all my other requests throughout the next couple days. i have no specific order for which request is published first, i do whatever is easiest for me to write at the moment. ex: if i'm sad and someone requests a sad imagine, i'll write that one before the others. if i'm in a really good mood and a fluff imagine is requested, that one will get written first. i'm the type of write where i really have to feel what i'm writing. i hope everyone understands <3
———
this was requested <3
———

JJ was currently pacing through my room, clearly upset about something but he wouldn't tell me.

"If you tell me what's wrong I can help." I tried getting him to calm down but he gently shrugged my hands off his shoulder. I felt defeated, I hated seeing him so upset and feeling as though I couldn't help him.

"I can't get my job back, Y/n!" He shouted. I jumped a little at his sudden voice change but calmed down when his eyes softened, "I didn't mean to yell I'm just pissed off. I worked my ass off for them!" He grabbed one of my pillows and threw it at the wall.

"I know you did," I said quietly and positioned my body so I was now standing behind him. I let my arms sneak around his torso as my cheek pressed against his back, "Let me help, please?" I felt every muscle in his back relax under my touch, everyone told me it was 'magic' how I could get him to calm down.

"How?" He held his arms up and spun around so he could wrap them around me. I looked up at him with a smirk on my lips, the perfect idea already in my head.

"Just let me handle it. You'll love it, I promise." I assured and pushed myself off the ground to place a sloppy kiss onto his lips, "I'm gonna go make a quick phone call. You stay right here." I put my hands on his shoulders and made him sit on the edge of my bed.

"Can't you just tell me what it is?" He asked. I went to back away from him but his hand grabbed onto mine, as if begging me to stay. I almost gave in as my body floated towards him, "I hate surprises."

Looking down at the shaggy haired blonde I put my finger to his lips, "You'll love this one." He groaned and laid his body onto the mattress. Taking this opportunity I slipped out my bedroom down and out to the front porch, I didn't want to risk JJ hearing the conversation.

"Y/n? Haven't heard from you in awhile. How've you been, kiddo?" My Uncle Ron cheered through the phone. Although we both live in the OBX I don't have much time on my hands to go door to door visiting family. My dad and him were close so I knew this favor wouldn't be too much to ask.

"I've been good, really good," I trailed off a bit, "I actually had a question for you, you still own that surf shop, right?" I placed one hand on the porch railing and leaned my body weight onto it as I waited for him to answer.

"That I do, why? You lookin' for a job?" He chuckled, knowing I loved to surf.

"It's not for me, but I have a guy who's perfect for the job..." My uncle and I went back and forth talking for a bit, telling me to come by tomorrow with JJ to get him started. Not only would JJ love this job, but he'd love the meaning behind it.

JJ's pov

"Tell me again why I have to close my eyes?" I laughed and I did my best to not trip as Y/n covered my eyes from behind me. If I had to guess we were on the beach, I heard the waves and felt the change in the wind.

"Because that's how surprises work, babe." She said. I could tell she was smiling by the tone of her voice, she sounded very proud of herself, "Watch your step." She instructed. I moved my foot ahead of me slowly and stepped over whatever object she was talking about and we continued our walk, "And we're here!" Her hands slipped away from my eyes and I let them adjust for a second.