SEVENTY THREE

LXXIII

OBLIVION      . . .      𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
No matter what happens, I'll always
choose you

ACT THREE

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cal sat beside Rafe in the dining room. He had organised a meeting with Michel for him to take a look at the cross and estimate it's worth. Rafe's hand rested on Cal's thigh, raising up her powder blue dress slightly.

"Again, thank you both for coming. I know it was a long way to travel." Rafe began, his signature smile forming on his face. "But I think what we have is-it's pretty worth while."

"Yes, well, Michael is the most prominent antiquities dealer of the West Indies. Unfortunately he only speaks French."

"No English." Michel shook his head.

Cal linked her hand with Rafe's. She could feel him shaking. She knew that this was important to him. He wanted to prove himself to Ward.

"What is French for priceless?" Rafe furrowed his brows.

It surprised Cal that Rafe couldn't speak French, after all the girl knew that Sarah was nearly fluent in it.

Rafe took everyone next door, so that Michel could look at the cross. He had a huge smile on his face. Rafe's hand wrapped around Cal's waist, she looked so good in the tight fitted dress.

Her ginger hair had lightened over the past month that they had been here. She was beginning to look more and more like JJ and Luke now. Not that he would tell her that.

"May he touch it?" Michel's translator asked.

"Knock yourself out, Michel." Rafe nodded. He gave Cal's waist a small squeeze.

Cal anxiously bit her nails as she watched Michel. He was taking in every single inch of the cross. Rafe pressed his lips against the girls temple. Selling this cross could mean a new life for them, away from his father, away from Cal's family. Just them two. Alone.

"He wants to know where you found it."

"Don't worry about it. We got it. That's all he needs to know." Rafe responded calmly. "It's here. It's for sale. So, who can we get to buy it?"

Michel responded to his translator. Causing Cal's brows to furrow, as she didn't translate what Rafe said to her into French. Dismissing the thought, she listened to the woman speak.

"Uh, for a piece like this of this value, there are very limited buyers. Like an institution, a museum."

Rafe let go of a small frustrated sigh.

"But he had a client in Barbados who will be interested." Rafe slowly nodded. "This client will have lots of questions. He'll want to meet with you in person."

Michel handed the card to Cal. His eyes flickering down her body. Rafe's jaw clenched, he decided not to say anything incase it fucked up their deal. But next time Michel looked at his girl, he'd be going home with a black eye.

Cal eyes narrowed at Michel, noticing the way he looked at her. She then turned to face Rafe, handing him the card, placing her hand on his chest.

"Call this number to arrange everything."

Rafe nodded, tucking the card and placing it between Cal's cleavage. Cal smirked, leaning up and pressing her lips against Rafe's.

Michel cleared his throat, avoiding looking at the couple. Rose just rolled her eyes, knowing what the could was like. Rafe didn't like anyone looking at Cal.

"Let's make a deal?" Rafe questioned, extending his hand for Michel to shake.

"Let's make a deal." Michel repeated, shaking Rafe's hand.

Rafe made sure to squeeze just that little bit harder for looking at Cal. Michel grimaced, pulling his hand away before leaving the house with his translator.

Cal waited until she knew they were gone before asking,

"How do we know we can trust them?"

"We don't." Rose mumbled.

"Whatever they throw at us, I'll handle. I got this." Rafe ran his hand over his face. "We're gonna sell this cross."

His hand linked with Cal's pulling her away with him. Once in their room, Rafe attached his lips to Cal's neck, making her let go of a breathless moan.

"You look so fucking hot." Rafe's hands gripped the girls body, making her squirm beneath his fingertips.

"Rafe." Cal hummed, as he slowly raised her dress up her thighs. Her hands pushed off his blazer and slowly undid his buttons, revealing his toned chest.

The pair looked at one another with a smile. Cal hadn't ever felt happier than she had in the past month. Sure, she still had her worries about JJ, but wow- Rafe made her fucking happy.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newmann
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ thesaintsseries & leeandhan