six

Beverly

"Okay, can you guys set up the backdrop and make sure all the technical stuff is correct, with the correct settings and I'll come check on you guys in a bit." I order and the men nod and head backstage.

Today was the fashion show, and it was a big day. As always, it was chaotic and the models were in the middle of being dolled up by makeup artists and hair stylists.

The technical crew was hard at work making sure everything electrical was running smoothly, and I was close to losing my mind as it ran with a million thoughts at once, trying to figure out what needed to be done. I was about to check on the wardrobe crew as my phone rang with a text message.

Riley and I are outside by entrance 7.

I ended up having to be there way earlier than expected, so I told Mel to meet me here and I'd come get her rather than them staying here bored with nothing to do.

I glance around making sure everyone is at least doing something, before heading backstage and to door seven. I push the door open revealing Melody and Riley.

"Bev!" She squeals, rushing inside and hugging me. "You look so professional, this is so cool!" She says, referring to my headset.

"Hey guys, come in." I smile, and Riley gives me a hug as well.

"This is awesome, I can't wait for the show to start!" Melody yells and I laugh.

"Well, this is it. We're backstage. Feel free to take a look around and whatever. Oh, and when you feel like sitting in your seats, just find your names, and there are gift bags under your chairs."

"Gift bags? This is so cool!" My best friend jumps.

I laugh and head over to the stylists.

"Show time in twenty minutes, girls!" I yell and everyone nods.

I can't help but think about Harry and if he's here, or if he actually even showed up. I'm not sure what to say to him once I see him - or if I should even approach him at all. I decide to take a quick peek out at the gathering crowd. My eyes move back and forth throughout the room, and I see Riley and Melody, but no sign of Harry anywhere.

At this point, I'm not sure if I hate this guy, or at least like him. He doesn't seem like the stuck up pop star I once thought he was, but if he shows up late to this fashion show, or doesn't even show up at all, that proves everything I once thought about him, which would be a shame considering I was beginning to warm up to him.

"Ten minutes 'til show time!" Penelope hollers. In fashion business, time seems to go by very quickly. "Gold, do you want to introduce the show today?" Penelope asks, and I look at her in shock.

"Already? But - "

"You're good. You're ready." She assures me.

"But what do I say? Where do I look? Oh my god I - "

"Take a deep breath. Just be yourself." She says, laying a hand on my shoulder. "You go on in five minutes. You can do this. If you can't, I might just have to fire you." She lightly jokes, but something tells me she's half serious.

I begin to mumble to myself things I could say once I'm standing at the podium. I can feel my heart practically beating out of my chest, and beads of sweat begin to form at my hairline. Someone shoves me into a makeup chair, and the makeup artist begins applying stuff to my face with a fluffy brush. I can't think straight, as my mind is running with a billion thoughts and every part of my body is shaking slightly.

My eyelids are forced closed as product is being put on them, and I can feel the process.

Eyeshadow.