| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 |

"What do you want?" I snap as we walk into my office to have some personal conversation

"Arianna, I am your father, the former King of the Italian-American Mafia!" He brags blindly, walking around my table. "Why would you ask such a stupid question?"

"You just said it yourself, the FORMER king. It's my reign now so you have no business here now."

He takes a long hard look at me. "I heard you exchanged our confidential information for a little girl?"

I raise my eyebrows in response. I already know where he's headed at, I already know what he's trying to say.

"You know how important it is and you still exchanged it?"

"Yes, she's a daughter of someone in my team." I respond, looking straight ahead, ignoring his head.

"So?" He asks stupidly.

"So?" I take a step closer to him. "My teammate's daughter was abducted because of me, so I was meant to just let her die?"

"Yes."

What? How–how is this man my father?

"If you have nothing more to say I think it's time you leave, Mr Romano."

"Do you remember why I made you the queen?" He asks tauntingly and my brows furrow.

Why is he bringing this up now?

"I do." I reply hesitantly, searching for any clue about what he's trying to say.

"So why are you not doing anything?" he smiles looking at the files on the table. "you're almost 30, want my help?"

"Mr Romano, it's none of your fucking business." I shrug placing my feet on the table. "I still have a few months left before the deadline."

"I do not care how long you take, just get the right person." With those words, he leaves the room.

With the clock ticking and the sound of the AC running, I was starting to think the whole deal I made with my dad when I was fifteen was a bad idea. A really bad idea.

Seconds turn into minutes and minutes into hours as I continue to stare into thin air, memories taking me to a moment I'd never forget.

Fourteen years ago.

"Arianna, come in." Father's voice booms and vibrate through the door and I already knew it wasn't going to be anything good.

"Yes Father." Walking into the office and standing right in front of his big and wide table, I play with my fingers feeling intimidated with the tension in the room.

"Arianna, how old are you?" He asked suddenly, throwing me off guard and a wide smile appeared on my face making me foolishly think he wants to surprise me with a gift.