P L A Y I N G T H E G A M E - C H A P T E R 11

Chapter 11

"Oh my God! Santana!" Creanna shrieked, running down the second floor hallway of the hospital.

When she got by the door of the room, she saw Strawberry standing by Santana's bedside with tears running down her face. Her eyes were closed but she held the back of Santana's hand to her face, saying something Creanna couldn't hear. Santana was awake, but he was just looking at her.

Creanna couldn't lie and say she really liked that so she decided to interrupt their little session. She cleared her throat and walked in briskly heading towards his bed.

"Baby oh my God! Are you okay? What happened? You only left for five minutes!" Creanna exclaimed.

Strawberry looked at her, resting Santana's hand back on his stomach but she still held held his hand. She dabbed under her wet puffy eyes with a tissue looking like she got hit by a train.

"I'm okay," Santana said in a raspy voice. "Just thirsty as fuck. Some fuck nigga tried to get me but it's all good. As soon as I find out who it is that nigga whole family dead."

"Baby no," Creanna said putting her hand on his face. "Killing somebody isn't gonna do you any good. And your not a killer Santana, so please don't talk like that you're scaring me." Creanna was about to go for his hand when she saw the tiny one already inside it, reminding her Strawberry was in the room.

She turned toward her sister who looked like she was told her life was over. It then made Creanna realize how on Earth Strawberry even knew about this or got to the hospital before her and this quickly.

"What are you doing here?" Creanna asked realizing she sounded a little rude after she said it, "Not to be rude I'm just-"

"Maybe because Santana got shot—that's why I'm here! I don't care if he's my ex! He's still my friend and I have a right to care about him. We been together for four years so I think I can be here if I want." Strawberry snapped.

"Berry I didn't mean it like that. I just wanted to know how you got here before me." Creanna clarified.

"Because I cared enough to be fast enough to get here."

Creanna frowned and pulled her head back at her sister's hostility. Her comment did sting only because that's not even what Creanna meant.

"Excuse me, I threw on the first thing I saw and made my way over here so I don't know what your talking about. I just wanted to know—" Creanna put her hand up. "You know what, forget it."

Strawberry wasn't even listening to her. She just stared at Santana, her bottom lip quivering while she kept the tissue up to her eyes.

Creanna watched Strawberry with a slight frown. The only reason Creanna was so calm was because even though Santana got shot five times the doctors told her before she came in the room that Santana was in stable condition and he would be alright. Strawberry was crying like he was dead.