Kokushibo x Reader

Thanks @SoftAxolotlBoy for the request!
———

"Were you always so strong?  I swear I'm swooning just watching you," I cooed, swinging my legs as I watched Kokushibo swing his sword at the demon slayer.  The blade cut right through the unsuspecting person's body like a hot knife through butter.  I tried not to look away from the demon's face as he rolled his many eyes. 

"Are you always clingy like this or am I supposed to feel honored by your presence?" he huffed out.  I didn't bother responding right away as I watched, mesmerized, as he raised his sword to slide a single finger down its length, leaving behind a deep red residue on his hand.  Something about the way he did it made me shiver pleasantly.

"Maybe it's just because I admire you.  Or maybe it's because I'm waiting for a moment when you're weak so I can tear you apart," I smirked, my playful tone dripping with intent.  It was all a game for me when it came to him.  I always wanted to see how far I could go with everything.  I flirted and yelled, kissed and killed all in the sake of understanding an assortment of reactions. 

Kokushibo was different though.  Everyone I've encountered before always showed their true colors and intentions with me immediately.  I've been trailing Kokushibo for some time now and he never once showed any sort of bias towards me.  I would tease him and he'd brush it off.  I'd brush my shoulder with his and he didn't even shiver.  There was even a time when I cussed him out after a particularly bad day and he didn't bat an eye.  It was starting to piss me off honestly. 

Even now after I threatened to dismember him, he didn't even look at me.  Growling, I pushed off the branch I had been sitting on to survey his kill moments before, landing on the ground flawlessly.  I glared at Kokushibo's back as he began to walk away, probably hoping to leave me behind to wonder what the hell he was doing. 

"If you're going to follow me again, please stop talking," he stated, not an ounce of emotion in his voice as I fell in step beside him.  He didn't seem to care either way, his only requests always concerning my silence but never my absence.  It gave me a bit of hope that I'd be able to break him eventually to find some sort of reaction from him. 

"Are you sure you're only saying that because you love my voice too much and don't want to get distracted?" I poked his arm playfully, making sure to jab him hard enough to hurt him at least a little.  He didn't flinch or wince, only striding on as if he didn't hear me.  I felt my eye twitch in annoyance.  There seemed to be no way of breaking this man.  At least no easy way. 

Perhaps that's what my problem was.  I was going too easy on him after all this time.  I was going to have to shock him so much that at least one emotion would need to surface.  Honestly, it'd probably get me killed somehow but I'd already lost my sanity long enough ago that this seemed like the best idea.  I'd have to find a way to hit him where he must've been weak. 

"I think I've figured it out!" I shouted out victoriously, snapping my fingers to accentuate my statement.  I felt Kokushibo's cool gaze slide over to me as if he was only half interested.  It was enough though.  All I needed was his attention to stay on me for as long as possible so he could see every movement I made. 

"And what might that be?" he questioned neutrally.  I smiled innocently, watching him intently as he took the bait to my trap unknowingly.  He seemed to catch his mistake too late as his head swiveled to focus on the trail ahead.  It was too late though.  In the moment he had looked at me, I saw the tiniest shift in his eyes that could've been just my imagination or the key to my success. 

"I should've known this from all the signs before!  I wouldn't have known it just by looking at you but who am I to deny you?  I can't believe you actually want me—."  My sentence was cut off as I was thrown backwards, my body hitting the trunk of a tree as I found myself pinned in place. 

My eyes widened in surprise at the look of pure frustration plain across Kokushibo's face as he scowled at me under his hands.  It was the most emotion I've seen from him ever before and something about it being directed at me only filled me with anticipation.  I almost wanted him to try to hurt me just so he could show me just how deep his emotions ran. 

"Don't mistake kindness for attraction or I'll tear your head from your body with no remorse," he hissed, his hands on my shoulders tightening painfully.  Regaining my composure, I smirked at him wickedly as my own hands slid to his chest teasingly.  This time I saw him shiver and knew my declaration was correct. 

"Just tell me you want me," I whispered in defiance, fingers drumming against his chest slowly as if mimicking a heartbeat.  He didn't waste a second before his lips were on mine as he was holding me close to him by my waist.  I suppose I hadn't fully expected it because a small part of me was still shocked as my hands tangled into his hair, the rest of my thoughts drowned out by his soft hums of satisfaction. 

"Damn it, I want you," he whispered against my lips greedily.  His movements were firm and intent on getting what he wanted even if it cost me.  I could already feel my skin bruising where his fingers clutched me.  It filled me with excitement and victory in more ways than one.  There seemed to be very few ways to get Kokushibo to react and I happened to be one of them.