one hundred & twenty-nine

one hundred & twenty-nine, grammys

the night of the grammys had finally rolled around and elsie was nervous to say the least.

it was her first time being nominated for the award show and she would be performing a new song that she hadn't even released yet.

not to mention she was going against her best friend for most of the categories she was in and she wanted more than anything for harry to win because he had worked so hard to be where he was at.

despite her nerves, elsie was relieved that hayden would be there next to her throughout the ceremony.

no matter the outcome, whether she won an award or not, she was just happy to be even nominated.

"are you nervous?" hayden asked as the two approached the red carpet.

"yeah but i think i'm more excited than nervous. i'm just happy we're sitting with harry." elsie breathed out with a smile before hayden and elsie posed for the paparazzi.

"hayden, elsie!" they yelled as hayden and elsie smiled for the camera.

the two soon split up to take pictures by themselves before rejoining each other and walking hand in hand inside of the building.

elsie was instantly greeted by harry, a huge smile finding it's way onto her face as she embraced her longtime friend.

"god, i am so relieved to be sitting with you." she breathed out in relief.

"i could say the same. i can't believe you're performing and you didn't tell me. are you nervous at all?" harry asked as the two pulled away from each other.

"honestly, yeah. it's my first time performing since my, um, my accident and i guess i'm just nervous that i won't exceed my own expectations." elsie admitted.

"listen to me, you are one of the best performers i know. the fact that you were able to overcome your mental and health struggles is inspiring. everyone in this room will be cheering you on as you return as an artist." harry comforted her causing the girl to smile softly at him.

"thank you, h." elsie smiled before the three were joined by lizzo.

"elsie! you look absolutely gorgeous!" lizzo gushed as the two singers hugged.

"stop, you are stunning!" elsie smiled as they pulled away from each other.

"i heard you're performing! which one is it so i can prepare my tears?" lizzo remarked earning a laugh from elsie, harry and hayden.

"it's actually an unreleased song that i plan on releasing tonight at midnight." elsie informed the singer.

"i just know you're gonna absolutely kill it!" lizzo exclaimed, giving elsie more reassurance.

soon, more artists filled the room and took their seats as the award ceremony started to begin.

"these are the nominees for best pop vocal album." the announce smiled after the performances.

"voyage, abba. 30, adele. music of the spheres, coldplay. special, lizzo. harry's house, harry styles. love, e, elsie verona."

elsie glanced towards harry with an encouraging smile before the two intertwined their hands.

"and the grammy goes to... who is it? harry's house, harry styles!" jennifer lopez exclaimed as everyone cheered for harry as he covered his face with his hands.

she stared at harry in disbelief before hugging him excitedly.

once harry had climbed the stage, he hugged jennifer before grabbing the grammy from her hand and turning to face everyone.