fixings; 2.08

It didn't take long for the girl's friends to realize there was something off with the her behavior. Her silence seemed cold, her blank expression unfluctuating. Nor did it take them more than a few minutes to determine that the problem at hand was about Rosy Cheeks.

After awhile of discussing among themselves (through texting the night before and during homeroom and break), which Pale Eyes hardly noticed, they decided on what to do about it.

They sent her best friend down the staircase (the one they always sat on during break) to where the girl was sitting sullenly by herself, with headphones tucked into her ears. When the girl saw her approaching, she pulled one side out hesitantly, knowing that it meant she'd have to start spilling about her feelings.

So she did. She told her best friend everything that was on her mind. That she felt like she'd only drag Rosy Cheeks down with her mundaneness. That she wasn't good enough for him. That she was worried about getting hurt again.

And while tears trailed out of her pale eyes, her friend hugged her tightly to her chest and listened.

When she had let out all the words and worries that were trapped inside her head, her friend gave the girl her advice.

"You're letting yourself get haunted by a million things that will never happen. And they're going to stay there until you try what's scaring you. I know you're going to beat yourself up if you keep doing this, with all the possibilities. Though, have you ever thought about what could happen if you two work out? Yes, there's the chance of it falling apart. But so many great things could happen if you just try. You can't keep running from everything, and I think Rosy Cheeks is a great person to start with. I really do. He really, really likes you. And I know you do too." She paused for a moment to allow her words to soak in. Then, she added, "Don't let me make the decision for you. But I think you should give it a shot, and so does everyone else." She swung her arm up to gesture to their group of friends.

The girl looked up at them with watery eyes, then tugged at her hair frustratedly. "What do I do to fix this guys?" She whispered.

Three minutes and lots of help later, the girl was on her way with a canvas tucked under her arm and worry in her heart.

Despite her friends protests, she was by herself. She had to learn to take things into her own hands. And when her eyes landed on the boy's tall and familiar figure, she never realized how ready she was to do so.

Her tiny strides brought her closer to him in what seemed slow motion. With her heart threatening to burst from her chest, she rested her hand on his arm, causing him to flinch.

The surprise on his face spoke a thousand words and expressed a million feelings all at once. He had thought she'd decided against him entirely.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" She asked, just loud enough for him to hear.

He nodded, shoving his hands into his pockets as he followed her into an empty classroom. She shut the door behind them, and leaned lightly against it as she watched him nervously.

She cleared her throat, while he perched himself on a desktop. "I just... I wanted to say I'm sorry." She began slowly, turning her gaze to his shoes. She didn't have the courage yet to look him in his chocolate eyes. "I need you to know.. That its really hard for me to become trusting of someone. To be their friend. Or.. something more.. I'm so, so afraid of the things that could happen.."

There was a silence in the room as she fought for the right words.

"I'm sure you've caught.. That I have problems with anxiety as well. I'm not good at keeping it contained." A deep breath. "The last guy I tried to date. Oh, Rosy Cheeks. He was so terrible to me. But I don't want to talk about that.. This is about us. And.." She looked up at him finally, while chewing at the corner of her lower lip. "That I... I really like you. I like being with you. I like talking to you. I like drawing, sitting silently with you. I like how you make me feel comfortable unlike anyone I've ever met before you. You.. kinda make me feel like I'm at home."

She blushed furiously at her own speech, terrified to see or hear his reaction. But before he could say anything, she extended her arm with the canvas in it.

On it, had the finished painting of the boy on it.

"Its not graded yet. But I wanted you to see it. Because I'm ready now." She breathed out.

To her astonishment, he hardly looked at the painting before setting it down on the desk next to him. He, with his blazing eyes, walked up to her, and stared down at her.

"You like me?" He asked just as quietly.

She nodded slowly, positive of it now, as her eyes couldn't leave his. "I really do."

And as soon as she spoke the words, he pulled her to his chest, leaned down to press his lips against her temple and couldn't hold back the smile appearing on his lips. "I do too."

The two stood there, holding each other, listening their heartbeats and breaths, until the bell rang. 'Things are finally starting to feel right,' the girl thought.

________

Bella's note: please tell me you liked this as much as I did????? Idk? Feedbacj would be appreciated to see if I'm doing good :)

Question of the chapter: who is your favorite singer/band atm and what's your favorite song from them?

I can't decide between "Aquaman" or "Iscariot" by Walk the Moon or "Empty Gold" or "Colors" by Halsey. (and I'm really loving "West Coast" by The Neighbourhood)

Anywho, this is like the longest chapter yet I feel like but probably not. 12 chapters left :oo.

Have a wonderful day/night loves!

-xx

(P.s. this is unedited so if you see any mistakes feel free to comment :D)