Chapter 37

Orange immediately blushed when she saw me at breakfast and I couldn't help feeling weird too. I tried really hard thinking about something to say but had no idea what. Now that I had completely sobered up I had no idea why I did that and felt horrible. I really wanted to apologize but had no idea what to say. I really just wanted to compliment Orange but illustrated my words with actions which was too much. Not knowing what to say I just grabbed Orange's sleeve out of nowhere after breakfast:

"I am so sorry about this morning. I meant every word. You are gorgeous but I shouldn't have made you uncomfortable. I pushed you too far. I am so sorry it will never happen again. I promise."

I talked without breathing terrified of Orange being mad at me. She always ran away when I teased her too much but yesterday it was different and I felt it. She pinned me down which meant she didn't like it. I was a horrible person. What would I do if Orange hated me? I finally opened up to someone but what if that person pushed me back? I couldn't have that. I...

"It's okay."

I didn't dare look at her face while apologizing but suddenly looked up hearing her say those words.

"You didn't make me uncomfortable.

-Really?"

Orange blushed but she really looked fine. How could she be fine after what happened? Wait, no. That was for the best. She wasn't mad. It seemed I had stressed about nothing.

"Are you sure?

-Yes.

-I never want to make you uncomfortable."

Orange was blushing more and more thinking back to what happened that night. She said everything was fine but then why did she look like this? Would she lie to make me feel better? That made me feel worse. It was completely on me. I had to pay attention to the way I was acting. I couldn't lose Orange. I couldn't make a mistake again.

After our talk, things went back to the way they were. It was way easier than I thought and I was relieved but I didn't dare touch Orange for a few days nevertheless. I was happy that things didn't turn awkward between us. That was the most important thing but I couldn't make her uncomfortable again. She never pushed me back before. I couldn't help feeling hurt and that was horrible. Everyone had their boundaries and we should respect them. Her not wanting me to do something didn't mean she didn't like me. I knew all of this and calmed down. Orange would never do something I didn't like and neither would I. I had to be the best friend for Orange.

However I couldn't forget about what had happened for some reason and felt that I needed to talk about it to someone. Orange was the person I talked about everything to so I had no idea who to turn to now. For the first time I needed someone to talk to, I had no one. I opted for Prissy and invited her for tea without Orange for the first time in years. I felt a bit guilty but I couldn't ask about Orange in front of her. We started talking about banal topics for a few minutes but soon I couldn't hold out anymore:

"I heard there is a new pastry shop that opened in town. They became quite popular in a matter of days and I heard that they had some specialty of the name of...

-Is it normal to be close to your friends?"

Prissy opened wide eyes before putting her cup down and smiling warmly:

"Did Orange and you have a fight? It is the first time I'm seeing you two separated."

I thought about us having a fight and laughed. How would we have a fight? Orange was never mad at me and she was too perfect for me to get mad at her. Even this morning, she wasn't mad, she was just pushed too far. It was entirely on me I shouldn't have touched her lips. No, stop thinking about that. But they were so pretty. Were her lips always that pretty? Oh my God what was wrong with me? Was there alcohol in this tea?