Akaza x Reader

Thanks @DEF256 for the request!
———

I had been lounging in my room, resting after a long night spent running errands.  It was finally my time to calm things down like I deserved after all my hard work.  Stretching with a yawn, I curled tighter around myself with a satisfied hum.  My eyes began to droop in exhaustion, the gentle warmth of the flames in the fireplace lulling me to sleep. 

The sound of my door opening broke me from my tired trance.  I fought back a disappointed groan as I tried to go back to that blissful moment right before sleep.  The noise of something crashing to the ground stopped me from fully resting as I opened one of my eyes to glare at whoever was interrupting my attempt to rest. 

"Well fuck," Akaza hissed quietly, crouching down to clean up whatever he had broken.  When he glanced my way, his eyes widened in surprise before his expression shifted to one of sympathy.  He dropped whatever he was trying to clean up, kicking it for extra measure before he walked towards me. 

"Are you alright?  You seem tense," I whispered tiredly, reaching out to touch his arm reassuringly.  He let out a frustrated sigh, sitting down beside me in front of the fireplace where I had arranged a pile of blankets and pillows for maximum comfort.  Urging him to lay back, he did so a bit hesitant, turning on his side to face me with a small frown.

"I'm sorry for waking you...and for whatever I broke.  I've just been frustrated," he whispered bitterly.  I smiled warmly, shuffling a bit closer to him.  He didn't change his expression but his eyes seemed to brighten as my fox tail brushed against his ankle reassuringly.  He seemed to be restraining himself as he froze up. 

"You don't need to apologize.  You can come to me for anything, anytime," I reassured.  This time he seemed to calm down a bit, his body starting to curl towards me unknowingly.  My hands reached out to touch his chest gently.  He shivered in response but didn't move away. 

There were times like these where I wondered if I was Akaza's one exception.  He came to me whenever he was overwhelmed or stressed and I could always count on him to take care of me when I needed it.  He would never admit it out loud but I always knew what he was here for when he let himself into my room with his silent question. 

"Can we cuddle?  Will that help?" I asked quietly, my fox ears twitching in anticipation.  His eyes caught on the movement on top of my head, his expression giving away what he really wanted.  He shrugged nonchalantly as if he didn't care either way as his arms pulled me close to him. 

Cuddling against his chest, I let out a sigh of comfort as his warmth spread over me.  He felt hotter than the flames of the fire at my back and filled me with far more bliss.  His hands twitched against my back, slowly moving up towards my head as if he was asking permission without words.  He looked at me intentionally with wide, pleading eyes. 

I smiled, guiding his hands towards my fox ears on my head with a hum of approval.  The second his fingers brushed the soft fur, he let out a shaky sigh of relief.  His chest pressed closer to me as he tilted his head to breathe deeply.  One of his hands massaged my ear calmly while the other lingered around my lower back to keep me close. 

After a few moments of quiet affection, I felt his body fully relax against mine.  He had begun to hum to himself softly while he worked his gentle touch over my body.  I shivered pleasantly the entire time, pushing closer and closer against him till there was no distance between us and I could feel his chest rise and fall against mine.  I might've been able to calm him down but he also had the same effect on me as well as I melted in his arms. 

"Are you feeling better?" I hummed quietly.  He sighed in response, hugging me tighter as he gently blew on my ear.  My tail twitched at the sensation, smacking against his leg lightly.  I glanced at him to find an amused smile on his face, his hand on my back sliding down to gently tug on my tail.  He wasn't doing it to tease me considering the sleepy look in his eyes so I let him run his fingers through the fur slowly. 

"So much better.  What would I do without you?" he mumbled quietly, blowing into my ear again before he pressed a small kiss to my head.  My face warmed at the gesture.  I wasn't even sure he knew he had done it but I sure wasn't complaining as I curled against him without another word.  His breathing slowed to let me know he had fallen asleep, his hands warming my body. 

While I waited for my own weariness to kick in, I traced the lines on his chest patiently and affectionately.  Akaza was truly someone I could see myself with if I were ever given the chance.  Maybe someday I'd mention it to him but until then I was content with cuddling closer to him as I fell asleep in his warm arms happily.