Chapter 20

"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous." - Ingrid Bergman

XX.

Seijuro.

8 months have passed since her departure.

She had forgotten about me. Everything we've been through.

At the day of her accident, I rushed to the hospital only to see her weeping mother. Her father was not present that time, must be discussing some business with the media.

Her mother, however, sat there with her hands buried on her face, her shoulders shaking. The room in front of her was where she was taken care of. Emergency room. I debated whether or not to approach nor console her. But then she saw me.

She stood up, her bloodshot eyes darted to me, filled with pain, remorse and regret. She stormed towards me and pulled me into a tight embrace, taking me by surprise.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

She kept on chanting those words, I didn't know for a moment what she was apologizing for.

I learned that Yurika informed them what was in between us, and her mother admitted that she was reluctant of her decision of choosing me, at first.

Coincidentally, there are many good doctors on Osaka that can help with her condition. They can monitor her, give her various treatments even for the fast recovery of her bruises. But not the brain damage.

And I knew that he was more than pleased to transfer her away, just to get her away from me.

I was angry. Hell... I was furious.

Nobody would ever take her away from me. Not even her parents. I have said this so many times. She is mine. Her everything.

Her mother, aware of what I am capable of, she decided to update me about whatever happens to her. The mere thought was ridiculous, her family hated my family.

I didn't want to lose her just like how I lost my mother. But I declined her offer, I can get information regarding her condition on my own. She told me that Junnichi kept the news confidential, stated that the heiress of the Sendo Company just flew off to Australia to continue her studies there. As for the witnesses? They were paid to keep their mouth shut.

Because if they ever knew that the heiress is in a life and death situation, people from other rival companies could take advantage of that.

I smirked. He really must have hated my father that he'd stop at nothing to get her away from me.

Saya Sendo insisted, saying that her guilt was eating her alive, she wanted to atone for the sins she had done. I sighed and so, I agreed. That cycle goes on for the next 6 months.

Not until...

She had woken up and had been home-schooled for the next 2 months, a peasant with the name of Yuta Kiryuu was sticking with her like glue and claimed to be her fiance.

When I learned about that, I chuckled. And that scared her mother. And yes, I was so close to kill someone that time.

You better be glad that I am still well collected. Because if I ever see your filthy hands all over her, I will show no mercy and won't even hesitate to eliminate you.

Maybe a slow yet painful punishment will do... that you will regret that you were even born.

I also did my own research, Koizumi High, also a prestigious school with a strong basketball team. The team captain, Yuta Kiryuu, is also a member of a distinguished family. It's a shame that they didn't progress to the preliminaries, however, the result will not change even if we face each other.