008

Ivy

The past two weeks have been interesting, seemingly everything has returned to normal. Emphasis on the seemingly because Damien has been abnormally absent, it seems as if he never leaves his office and we don't interact. 

On the off chance that we do it is curt and shockingly professional. He emails me the notes and edits he has made on a file or document but won't speak about it face-to-face. Just bullshit and unlike his character and my opinion plain ass lazy when my office is literally across the hall and that is what we've always done, even when it didn't exactly seem that way all the time in court. 

Honestly, that's fine I'm not going to uproot myself and stress my mind over a man's ego. I could tell he was upset but we had never got into the arrangements of whatever that short-lived entanglement or whatever the fuck it was. 

I most certainly was not breaking my neck for a relationship I am very focused on my career and myself right now and I didn't plan on changing those ideals anytime in the near future.

Essentially I have been too occupied with work as of late and that is the way it should be. Looking at my computer screen as I finish up some final notes I see an email reminder about a meeting that is in 20 minutes. I gather my things and get ready to listen to Suzanne blabber about just nonsense that I could care less about to be honest.

I am honestly just excited for the end of the day so I can just distress head to the gym and end my night with a nice shower and dinner and call it a day. Scrolling on my phone I glance at the time and see that I have just been fucking around because now the meeting is in 10 minutes.

 I walk to my door and head out just to see Damien looking down at his phone as he pulls his door closed slowly. I walk ahead of him and in the corner of my eye, I see him glance up and just stare at my back profile.

Quite fucking useless to do that and not speak to me childish and for what. However, unlike him, I have my head on my shoulders and will stay focused despite his immaturity. Walking into the conference room with him behind me I scan the room for my regular spot and take a seat with him still choosing the seat across from me. Interesting. 

Suzanne starts talking about other upcoming meetings, briefings, and new calendar dates. I zoned out, mentally I was already at the gym just waiting to go home. "Ivy you and Damien are all set to fly out Wednesday for the conference next week" says Suzanne.

I am caught off guard but do my best to maintain my composure "Got it" I say with a simple nod.

"I will follow with the rest of the details later" she continues. " It will be for a week and a half in Vegas, why they chose to host there I'll never know but be prepared." She finally says. Be so serious right now you have got to be fucking with me.

Damien

I couldn't help but watch Ivy since the moment I looked up from my phone when coming out my office. I have given her the space that I said I would it's been hard but I have found it for the better. I have been more productive in all I felt more grounded.

Ivy looks good as always it did not surprise me, what has thrown me off is the way we interact she glares and her irritation with me is clear but has she acted on it? No. While the separation has prompted a better response from me in regard to a professional sense everything else has been such a drag.

 I miss the banter the arguments and the mutual attitudes. Now it's just a bland work day with little interaction with the only person in some cases I can tolerate. "Got it" Ivy says breaking me out of my thoughts. 

I just want to swim a couple of laps and call a day I am ahead on work for at least a week because I am actually doing what I was hired for which quite frankly is unfortunate. I can't stand anything about the useless people that I work with.

Apart from Ivy, there is no one I feel who challenges me or even betters me, that's partially why the banter is so good the camaraderie is always there. Suzanne has finally finished talking and I went to stand and head back to my office. "Damien head to my office in about 15 minutes," Ivy said to my surprise. 

I don't know what it is about but I am simply satisfied with her speaking to me for now. She stands and rounds the table, wearing a sweater dress, and pumps her hair straight down her back. 

She walks in front of me heading to our offices and the dress does wonders for her figure, quickly reminding myself that those are not the terms we are on I attempt to calm myself and head to my door. 

Before I can head in Ivy grabs me and leads me into her office closing the door. "What the fuck Damien" she starts I can't help but roll my eyes and stare down at her with these theatrics.

AN: Thank you so much for reading, votee and comment🤍