forty five.

deadly games❝close❞

deadly games
close

THERE WAS NO BETTER FEELING THAN WINNING. The satisfaction it brought to everyone was unbeatable and undeniable. No matter how it happened, the relief was always there. That it was over. Even if you lost, there was still that. Hanging on to that little thread of hope that someday you'll surpass all fears, winning the life you've always dreamed to have. A free one. Free to be able to do whatever you felt.
Not marry someone your parents chose, but someone your heart did. The fact that it happened to be the same person was just... fate, maybe. A controversial thing that many would deny, including you if you wouldn't have found yourself so smitten by the blonde whos heart was now slowly opening. It felt like his heart was finally defrozing after one cold, hard, winter.

The plan Banda made was make sure that Matsushita thought he had everything in control. And then, in the end, lose everything. A cruel thing indeed, but necessary. Because him winning, would make it all for nothing. Immediately after surviving the round, he'd be the first one exiting his cell, believing that he was the only one alive. After you started hearing his loud laughing, that was everyone's cue.

Chishiya was the first one that opened his door, making Matsushita stop his uncontrolable laugh.

"I had a feeling you were the Jack of Hearts." he said with a smile on his face.

"But how did you..." Matsushita wasn't able to continue his phrase, because another door opened. Yours.

"Don't be so surprised."

"You teamed up with Banda from the start and he's a murderer, so it just made sense." Chishiya explained and Matsushita recalled that exact moment. "Even if somehow, you were moved by Banda's little monologue, I knew you wouldn't trust him. You don't trust strangers. And certainly not as fast as that."

"I was kind of the living proof to that." you said to stir it all up and then Banda opened his door.

"Most people won't even talk to a guy like me. But you wanted to kill me. I could sense that in you right away. So I wanted to see if you were smart, or just stupid, or whether you were a true psychopath."

"You mean..." Matsushita couldn't believe that he was fooled like that. In his own game.

"You thought you were controlling me this whole time." Banda told him before stepping closer. "But I was manipulating you into thinking that way. Ultimately, it was your huge superiority complex that gave you away."

"That kind of self-importance usually comes from being put in a special position. Something that made you feel untouchable. Like being chosen as the Jack." Chishiya joined the conversation again, while you just enjoyed every word against Matsushita.

"You guys are wrong about this. Banda is the Jack of Hearts!" he still thought he stood a chance.

"Sorry, kid." Yuba appeared as well. "It's not Banda." his appearence totally took Matsushita off guard. Because he thought Yuba would be dead. "You and Kotoko were connected. I told Kotoko what her symbol was. And yet, she still died. Which means Kotoko was being manipulated by someone other than me."