{Chapter 17}

|Chapter 17| A Break|

It's been a few weeks since the incident with Xalla, and even though she wants to come back and work, I'm not letting her, she needs to take a moment to mentally evaluate

It's been a few weeks since the incident with Xalla, and even though she wants to come back and work, I'm not letting her, she needs to take a moment to mentally evaluate. she's always done this for me, so it was my turn to return the favor. It's currently march 21st, officially three months until my birthday!

okay, okay anyways it's 3 am, and I'm heading to Walmart with Koa. Why am I going to Walmart at 3 am? Well like I said, it's time for me to return the favor. I'm currently in sweats that hug my hips and ass and one of Koa's shirts that has Rick and Morty on it and my slides. and I'm walking into Walmart as if I own the place, Koa decided to match me.

I'm in a good mood, especially because I love Xalla, I get to be there for her, Feeling extra I strut to where the flowers are and inspect them. Koa chuckles and follows me with a cart. I grab some beautiful orange roses. and put them in the cart gently. I then walk to the candy aisle, while Koa walks onto the other aisle to get Xalla some pringles and spicy Doritos. and when I get there a guy stops everything he's doing to stare at me.

I ignore it and look for Xalla's two favorite candies. One is the three musketeers, so I grab a bunch of handfuls of the full-sized bars, then I grab 4 bags of the twin sour gummy worms she likes.

"excuse me." the guy says, finally speaking up, I act like I don't hear him.

"Ma'am?" he says, unsure If I heard him. I really don't feel like communicating with him and knowing Koa's on the other side, I thought of what to do quickly.

"Babe, can you bring me the cart?" I yell loud enough for Koa and the guy to hear.

"Yeah, I got you." Koa's deep voice yells back.

he turns the corner and pushes the cart in my direction before stopping. I put the candy in the cart and noticed he got my favorite chips too.

"Awe you got my favorite chips too?"I asked, coming around the cart and wrapping my arms around Koa's neck, he wrapped his arms around my waist, looking deeply into my eyes.

"Yes, baby I did," Koa said, he leaned down, and continuously pecked my lips.

I smiled at him and let go, looking for any other candy I might want, or Xalla might want. my hair was in a ponytail, but it was irritating me. I reached up and pulled my hair out of the hair tie. I shook my long hair loose and ran my fingers through my hair a few times.

I looked towards the opposite end of the aisle and saw one of the candies I loved, Resse cups, but in order to get them, I had to walk past the guy who was trying to get my attention.

I walked past him, but before I could fully walk past him he grabbed my hand.

"Can I help you?" I asked, sharply turning around.

"Venus?" he asked.

"Who are you?" I asked, trying to figure out who he was.

"You're telling me that little V doesn't remember me?" he asked, looking down at me.

"Rowan?" I asked.

"Finally, damn took you forever," he said, being dramatic.

"Oh shut up," I said smacking the back of his head.

"Ow," he said, rubbing the back of his head, wincing at the sting.

"Anyways how have you been?". I asked him.

"Pretty good, even though drake and I broke up," he said, lost in thought.

"Why'd you guys break up?" I asked, thinking about it the last time I saw him like 6 months ago he and drake looked so happy.

"He was flirting with other people, and at first, I didn't like thinking too much about it, until he was fucking another guy in my house... "he said.

"Okay, enough about that, Rowanm, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend," I said.

"Koa come over here," I said gesturing for him to come, he did and pushed the cart in my direction.

"Rowan this is Koa my boyfriend, and Koa this is Vince's best friend," I said, introducing them to each other.

"Nice to meet you, she found a hottie," Rowan said, winking at Koa.

"I may be small but I can still kick your ass," I said stepping in front of Koa.

"I know I just wanted to see what you'd do, besides my new boyfriend is around here somewhere," Rowan said with a shrug.

"weren't you just- Nevermind," I said, shaking my head at Rowan.

"I'll call him here so you can meet him, also give me your number, 'cause I forgot it," Rowan said, as he pulled out his phone.

I put my number in it and watched as he called someone.

"Hey what's up." the guy said, he then kissed Rowan.

"Venus this is Waylen, my boyfriend," Rowan said, pushing him towards me a bit.

"Hi, I've heard so much about you!". he exclaimed and held his hand out for me to shake, which I did.

"Waylen that is Koa, her boyfriend," Rowan said introducing them.

"Nice to meet you," Koa said, showing his pearly whites.

"Say anything flirty and I will take you down," I said.

"She's small but will take you down," Rowan said with a shrug repeating what I had said a few minutes ago.

We talked a bit longer until I explained what happened with Xalla and caught him up on what was going on in my life and things like that.

"If I see him, he's dead," Rowan said, just like Koa, he was a big brother to Xalla too, just like he was a big brother to me, and always made sure no harm came to us.

Anyways, after that, he decided he wanted to see Xalla, and we all checked out and drove home.

"Xalla, love I'm home!" I yelled.

"Girl I'm literally right here," she said, she was already sitting in the living room, watching the Titanic... she's hit a new low.

"I brought you some things," I said as I walked over to her with the bag of her stuff behind me.

"Awe, what'd you get me?" she asked, trying to peek behind my back.

"Your favorite candies, and your favorite flowers," I said as I pulled the bags out from behind my bag and gave them to her.

"Also I brought you a person," I said, I then signaled everyone in.

"Who?" she asked.

"Hi, little Nala," Rowan said.

"No way Rowan!" she yelled, she stood up and ran around me and gave rowan a bone-crushing hug.

"This is the greatest thing anyone has ever done for me!". she yelled she then came back towards me and tackled me into a hug.

"I love you soooooo much!" she yelled as she held onto me.

I circled my arms around her, and held her tightly.

"Love you too Xalla" I said with a smile.

I'm so glad I made her feel special.