when we were young

when we were young: y/n and rudy talk about becoming famous, not thinking the day would ever happen.
———

*Young Y/n and Rudy*
-Y/n's pov-

"My mom said when I grow up I'm going to be an actress." I told Rudy while we swung on the play set in my backyard. He always came over after school, he was my best friend.

"Why? Because you fake cry when you don't get what you want?" I gasped at his answer and leaned over my swing to smack him on the arm, "I'm kidding!"

"That was mean, Ru." I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest.

"What's mean is you calling me 'Ru', it's Rudy." He stated and I rolled my eyes. I've always called him Ru, it was a special name only I was allowed to call him. My mom always told me that important people in our lives deserve nicknames, so I refused to call him anything other than Ru.

"You call me princess, it's the same thing." I argued. We were now sitting stationary on the swings as we twisted them to face each other. His cheeks became red and he looked down so I changed the topic, "I'm serious, though, I'm going to be famous one day."

"Yeah, me too." Rudy agreed and twisted his swing so he could push off with his feet, "I'm going to be a movie star and invite you to all the special events."

"Don't only couples do that?" I questioned. On TV I always saw couples posing for the cameras and kissing each other on the cheek.

"Then we can be a couple." My best friend answered as he pushed his feet against the ground again to gain more height to his swing.

"Like, right now? What do couples even do?" My feet kicked some stones around and I held onto the chain of my swing as I watched Rudy go back and forth on his.

"I don't know, we can google it or something." He laughed, "We're best friends, it can't be much different than that."

"Okay, boyfriend." I snickered.

"Okay, girlfriend."

*present day*

Rudy's hand held tightly onto my waist as we smiled at the lightening like flashes of cameras. We were currently at the season three premier of Outer Banks, both of us being main characters on the show.

"Rudy, Y/n, this way!" A photographer yelled and when I saw Rudy looking in the opposite direction I gently guided his chin to follow my glare.

"Wrong way, Ru." I chuckled through my smile. I felt his fingers on my waist begin to tickle my side and I let out a laugh, my head tiling slightly back as my body fell into him to get him to stop.

"Come on now, princess, you're ruining our photo-op." He joked. Once he stopped tickling my side I straightened my posture and lightly smacked his shoulder with my opposite hand, "Our turn for questions."

At every carpeted event we go to there was always a line of interviewers that asked questions. They were usually lined up within a small area and caught celebrities as they walked by. It was our turn to jump into the questionnaire line.

"You two look absolutely amazing tonight," The interviewer beamed, "Rudy, give her a spin." Rudy held my hand above my head and twirled me around, my dress sparkling under the lights. In honor of season three I wore a gold dress with lots of sparkles, it was gorgeous. Rudy wore a black tux with matching gold accents.

"Isn't she gorgeous?!" Rudy beamed as his eyes watched me, "Seriously, I get to wake up next to her every day and I'm always stunned."

"Stop it." I blushed and covered my face in an attempt to hide the redness.