seventy-two

Rafe had made it back to Guadeloupe safe and sound

Rafe had made it back to Guadeloupe safe and sound. How? By stealing some dudes identity and sneaking onto the boat that was scheduled to the island.

When he got back, his dad was awake again, which he was certainly thankful for, but Ward wasn't exactly pleased with the way that Rafe went about trying to sell the cross.

"Do you understand the risks, Rafe-"

"Yes! I understand the risks involved with selling the cross, alright?" He looked down at his dad as he paced slightly, "I saw an opportunity and I took it. That's it. I thought you'd wake up and I'd tell you I took care of it and then you'd be proud of me or something because I'm the one who brought it home. I did it."

He also hadn't told anyone that Iris and the others were alive. He didn't know how.

"Jesus, Rafe."

"And now, I just, I feel like an idiot-"

"Rafe, stop it! You're not an idiot-"

"No I am-"

"I went down and you stepped up. I'm glad you're okay, you understand?"

"Yeah, yeah, okay."

"It's your first big deal, alright? I remember mine and it didn't go so well either. I could've told you, it's Barbados, Carlos Singh does what he wants there. It's okay."

"Yeah, uh, dad, there's, there's something else I need to tell you." Rafe said as Ward's eyebrows raised.

"Well, what, Rafe, what?" Ward asked as Rafe sat beside him, hesitating slightly, "What is it?"

"Uh, Iris was there. At Singh's. She was kidnapped when her and the rest of their little group were trying to get off the island they've been on the last six weeks."

Ward gave his son a confused look, "Rafe, I know losing Iris and your sister has been hard but if you need to speak to someone-"

"Dad! She was there. Who do you think took my boat back to OBX? She did and the rest of them, alright? Do you hear me? Sarah is alive too, okay?"

"Rafe! Rafe-"

"Dad, listen to me, please." He pleaded, "I'm telling the truth. Don't you believe me?"

Ward nodded slowly, "Yeah, I do."

But he didn't. He was still under the assumption that they were all dead. And he would continue being under that assumption until he saw his daughter again in the flesh.

"Aren't you going to ask about Sarah?" Rafe asked, slightly confused, "And if she's okay?"

"I'm not, I'm not worried about Sarah, uh, like you said, they're going back to OBX, so, so they'll be good, right?"