Chapter 43- Saber's POV

When I heard about what happened in Astéria's class I was in the middle of my drawing class. I didn't think I was the artist type but I loved painting and was quite talented at it. However, hearing the news from my classmates, I let go of my brush and ran out as fast as I could. The teacher didn't even have time to notice that I was already far away. I immediately went to interrogate Astéria but felt something was wrong when I couldn't find her anywhere. I finally found out which teacher took her away and ran to her office but as soon as I arrived I saw Astéria holding the teacher by the neck and raising her from the ground. I quickly closed the door making sure that no one saw them and ran up to Astéria's side, grabbing her arm. I was a trained professional and one of the best in the country but even I wasn't strong enough to stop Astéria so I quickly gave up and called her name:

"Astéria! Astéria! What the hell are you doing? Let her go! You can't kill a teacher inside school!"

Who was I kidding? Astéria was scary and of course she could do anything she wanted. With her brain washing abilities she could get away with anything and I didn't need to be a genius to know that she was doing this for Poehina. The number of times I caught her terrorizing people was concerning. No matter if people looked at Poehina the wrong way or whispered something about her, Astéria would torture them mentaly not leaving any proof. And that was only the best case scenario. She must have been very angry if she was using her hands.

Making sure that Astéria wasn't killing anyone became my third job. Actually it was my fourth after the Emperor asked me to stay close to Sverre. He didn't recognise me but needed someone on his side as Sverre's fiance so he could manipulate him. I had to stay a year and then I was free. A year was a long time but Sverre didn't notice who I was so it was okay. I was just playing a role anyway and despite being polite to me, Sverre seemed to hate the idea of marrying me. I had no idea why he chose me if he hated it so much. Alastair thought he could get close to Poehina this way knowing that we were friends but Sverre had nothing to win and regretted it immediately after.

Anyway that wasn't the question right now, I had to save this teacher's life:

"Poehina won't like it if you kill the teacher.

-I won't let her die."

Astéria was terrified of killing because she didn't want to get on Poehina's bad side but she was terrible at this. She perfectly knew how to kill but she would have already killed thousands of people if I hadn't been there. She was too strong for her own good and as soon as the torture became physical I had to intervene.

"She is turning blue! If you don't let her go now she will be dead and Poehina will immediately know it was you!"

Astéria immediately let go and the teacher collapsed on the ground. I rushed to check her heart beat and had to reanimate her. After a minute her breathing finally came back and I sighed. I wasn't paid enough for this. I had to quit my first job. I couldn't take this anymore. Why did I have to come back here? A year was way too long and Astéria's friendship was exhausting. I loved her but I needed a long vacation or a huge paycheck.

"You really have to control yourself. How can you be all shy in front of Poehina and lose it the second she turns her back?

-She angered her.

-I don't care what the teacher did. She doesn't deserve to die.

-She didn't die.

-No thanks to you!"

I took a second to calm down:

"This is happening more and more lately. If you can't torture people properly then stop."

I was talking to a wall so I had to give up. Astéria walked up to the teacher and grabbed her body before dragging her out.

"Where are you taking her?