Chapter Thirty Two

~My family comes first. Maybe that's what makes me different from other guys. The bond that links your true family is not one of blood but of respect and joy in each other's life. ~

The next morning.

My mom and I sat by the bed, my dad survived the night, which was a good sign, but still no change. Alec walked in holding a coffee for me and my mom. "I thought you'd want one." He says sitting next to me. My mom smiled, she looked tired. "Mrs Carter, I'm sure Mr Carter will be still here if you go home and get some rest." Alec says with a small smile. "I can't leave him." My mom says sadly. "Me and Olivia will be right here. You get some rest. Gotta look good for when he wakes up." Alec says smiling at my mom, my mom smiles and nods her head. "There is a car outside waiting. Get some rest, come back later. We'll be here." Alec says. My mom stands up, she hugs me and whispers in my ear. "You've got something good there, don't take it for granted." She kisses my head, she then walks to Alec and hugs him. He hugs her back, she then leaves. "You okay?" I ask him, he nods his head. "I should be asking you." He says, I smile "I just want to wake up." I say sighing. Alec puts his arm around me. "My mom and Dad have got the twins, Ade has Eli and Luca has Jett." Alec says kissing my head. "I'm sorry." I say to him. "It's fine, being home alone with just the kids was really cool." Alec says shrugging. "I wonder who did this." I say to Alec, Alec shifts uncomfortably. "I've got my best people on the case babe." He says hugging me. "Thank you." I say looking at him. "I do it cause I love you." Alec says looking down at me, we both lean in, our lips meet, I close my eyes for a moment it was like everything had disappeared. "I love you too." I say breathlessly.

Jordan walked in the room. He gave me a small smile as he sat on my dad's bed, looking over at him. "You look like shit." Jordan says looking at me. "I didn't notice." I say sarcastically rolling my eyes. He smiles, he then looks at my dad again. His smile wiped. "Is he going to be okay?" He asks looking at me for an answer, the truth was I had no answer. "Your dad's a fighter, he'll fight through it." Alec says smiling at Jordan, Jordan nods his head looking down at my dad.

"Where's Kassie?" I ask Jordan, Alec had gone to get me a coffee and something to eat, since I hadn't eaten. "She's still pretty upset, she don't want to see him like this." Jordan says looking at my dad's bruised face. "Are you okay?" I ask looking over at my brother, Jordan looks at me. "Honestly no, but I'm glad you're here with me." He says smiling at me, I smile back and I take his hand. "You look really beat though." Jordan says looking at me. "I'll live." I say with a smile.

Me, Alec And Jordan were in the room when my mom got back, she looked refreshed. "Glad to see you looking radiant again Mrs Carter." Alec says smiling at her. My mom blushes. "Thank you Alec, if you three don't mind, I want to spend the night here with him, get some rest Olivia, the kids need you." My mom says smiling at me, I smile back at her. "Are you sure?" I ask her. She nods. "Jordan, the pizza number is on the fridge, money is in the top drawer." My mom says, we leave. Alec climbs in his car. "You want me to give you a lift home?" Alec asks Jordan. "Sure." Jordan says shrugging his shoulders.

We had dropped Jordan off and we were on our way to pick up the twins, Adrianna and Luca were meeting us at the house. Alec had headed in to get them while I waited in the car, time slowly ticked by. Alec soon came down the stairs carrying the twins car seats, the door opened and Alec put them both in the back and then strapped them in, I looked over at them both, Colton fast asleep. Chloe babbled. "Hello princess." I say kissing her from over the seat. Alec climbed in the front and started the engine, driving home.