Chapter 45

The tea party stopped without any further complication. Alastair understood that he failed and he made small talk before leaving as soon as possible. Did he finally give up? I had no idea but I didn't really care. I couldn't stop thinking about my crazy idea after the tea party. It was an insane idea. One that could get me executed but I still couldn't stop thinking about it. I had been so scared of being tortured by Astéria but my plan just sounded right. I didn't care if I died if it was for a good cause. But I had to think about it more. I had only talked to Sverre for a few minutes. I had to look more into it. But it just sounded right! Sverre liked our play which meant that he was an ally and that he wasn't a racist like everyone else. Maybe he was lying and it wasn't concrete proof but it was way better than Alastair. He wasn't a bad person either but Sverre just sounded right. He had been hiding for years being way smarter than his brother but not being able to shine because of his condition. He knew what it was to be bullied and looked down on. He had to be the best option. Maybe he was a horrible person deep inside but my gut was telling me that I was right and I always listened to my gut.

"Poehina?"

I jumped and suddenly looked up to Orange. She was standing very close to me and had just caught the biscuit that fell from my mouth. I quickly wiped the drool away, turning red in embarrassment. I had to stop spacing out, especially while I was eating. It was disgusting and it was the first time it happened to me. I always focused on food no matter the circumstances. If my plans diverted me from food then it wasn't worth it. But Orange didn't seem to mind and held that half wet cookie as if nothing, looking at me with worried eyes:

"Are you okay?"

I thought I was going to die of embarrassment:

"Don't touch it! Throw it out, it's disgusting!"

Orange had forgotten about the cookie and let it fall to the ground, turning to me very concerned. She felt my forehead with her other hand and looked me straight in the eyes:

"Do you feel pain anywhere?

-What? No, I'm fine.

-Please don't lie. Tell me honestly.

-I am foaing"

I couldn't say fine because Orange's fingers were opening my mouth by force. What the hell was she doing? I wasn't a dog that ate something she shouldn't have.

"Owange!"

I had a hard time talking and tried pushing her back but she wasn't budging at all. Had she always been stronger than me? Why couldn't I push her away?

"Legh egh go."

Orange stared at the inside of my mouth for so long that I couldn't swallow my saliva anymore. It started flowing out of my mouth and I started whimpering. If it had been anyone else I would have already panicked and kicked them feeling powerless and terrified. But knowing Orange I knew that she was trying to help me in some way so I had to endure despite my embarrassment.

"There is no blood."

She finally let go and I could cry all I wanted embarrassed. It was the first time in my life being this uncomfortable:

"Of course there isn't. I told you I was fine."

Orange blushed for some reason and quickly looked away from my face retracting her hand as if she had touched fire.

"I'm sorry. I thought you were hurt. B-because you never spit out food before.

-It's okay. I was just lost in thought."

It happened a lot actually but it was indeed the first time happening while I was eating. Orange still couldn't look at me but continued worrying and asked her eyes focused on the sheets: