nineteen

19. Somebody That I Used To Know

Five Years Ago,

A devastated Aria stood in her and Damon's room, she grabbed the last photo framing that was remaining, in the photo frame was a photo of the time Damon and Aria danced together at Miss Mystic Falls, immediately looking at the photo caused tears to well in Aria's eyes as she remembered how happy she was at that time with Damon, they weren't together but there was no denying that there was a spark between them, there was always a spark between them, even when they weren't together.

After dropping the triplets off at Klaus and Caroline's, and packing most of their things, Kol entered the room, he let out a sigh seeing Aria's state, he slowly walked behind her and looked at the photo she was looking at.

"You packing that?" Kol asked.

Aria looked at Kol, then at the photo, after a moment she placed the photo back on the side table, "If I'm going to move on I need to leave all his memories here".

"You're allowed to take a few memories" Kol assured.

Aria shook her head, "If I keep remembering him then I won't be able to forget him".

"Are you sure you want to forget him?" Kol asked.

"I can't remember someone who gave up on us so easily" Aria whispered.

"Ri, he's protecting you and the triplets" Kol defended.

"I don't need his protection Kol, I need him" Aria snapped.

Kol opened his mouth to say something, when suddenly both him and Aria heard a crash from downstairs, immediately causing the two vampires to look at each other in confusion, wondering what was that, both of them focused their hearing downstairs, listening to whoever broke into the boarding house.

"Remember what Alex said, we need to bring the tribrid into the armory alive, we need her to open that vault, she is no use to us dead" they heard someone whisper.

Aria and Kol looked at each other, both having an alarmed expression on their faces, realising the armory was here for Aria.

Kol placed his finger on his lips, telling Aria to stay quiet, from their previous experience with the armory they knew the armory had a lot of different things they could use to bring both of them down, and neither of them wanted to take that risk, which is why Kol pointed to the open window behind Aria, who nodded in understanding.

Kol grabbed Aria's hand, as the armory people started climbing up the stairs, Aria and Kol speeded over to the open window and jumped out, just as the armory people entered the room, only to see Aria's packed boxes but no sign of Aria anywhere.

***

Today,

"Are you sure you're well enough to travel?" Kol asked Aria, as she packed her bag, "Because you haven't had any of those anti magic pills, and since you're able to do your magic again it means Alex can start tracking you".

Aria sighed, "I need to get out of this dodgy motel room Kol, I hate it here" she said, "And stop worrying about me, I don't feel sick, I feel fine".