47. Pieces part 1

6579 words

Roes's POV

    After I woke up I noticed something was wrong with Glenn. He was still sleeping. Now for a lot of people sleeping in until 6 or 7 am would be normal. But for Glenn, that was very odd. Normally he was up before anyone else, me included. So for me to wake up to him snoring away, was really odd and a first for me. The only time he has gotten more than 4 hours of sleep a night is when he is sick. And that almost never happened.

    My first thought was that it had to do with the transformation he went through yesterday. So chalking it up to that, I went ahead and got him cleaned up and dressed for the day. That's when I noticed that he was smaller than he was when I put him to bed last night. And when he only stirred then went back to sleep, I knew something was really wrong. That's when I put him back in his crib and quickly got dressed. After I was ready I grabbed him and all the stuff we would be needing for the day. I headed out to the nursery playroom to meet up with the others to see if they knew what might have gone wrong.

    Entering that room gave me another shock. James, Cat, and Rio all looked like they did yesterday. But Tiggger was so small sleeping in Mary's arms. Well to be honest, he was sleeping in one of her hands. He looked no bigger than a half grown cat. That bear he had yesterday would have been almost twice his size now. I remembered when he was this small. This is how small he was when he was only a couple of months old if that. I looked down at the bundle in my arms and realized that this must be how Glenn looked when he was an infant.

    I walked over to Mary and asked her what happened. I was now almost in a panic looking between her and our boys. But all she did was to ask me. "Do you trust Tiggger?" She, unlike me, was smiling at him when she looked up at me and kept smiling. Of corse I said that I trusted him. "Then there's nothing to worry about. Something I have come to understand about Tiggger is. He always has a reason for what he does. Before he fell asleep last night we talked. Some of the questions he asked me I thought were... odd. But now, I understand. Last night he said that he was as small as he was when he was a teen. But he asked me about babies and infants. He asked me if that's what I would have preferred him to be like. Of corse I told him that I was happy with what ever he chose. But in the back of my mind, I really wanted to take care of a baby. And when I woke up this morning, I actually had to search his crib for him. He was curled up in a ball underneath that Care Bear of his. He had changed to become an infant because that is what we wanted. I asked Zake about it and he said that he really wanted to see what Tiggger would have looked like as an infant too. But he never told Tiggger about that. But I think the bond that those two share had something to do with this. So for now, just go with it. We both have infants to take care of this week. I'm sure that by the end of the week, we will have all the answers we will be looking for."

    What else could I do except take care of my baby, or infant, mate? I had to use other clothes and diapers from this nursery. All the ones I bought would be way to big for my baby now. But it looked like this room was setup for kids of any size. Tiggger was the only one that was going to have a problem with clothes or diapers here. Everything was way to big for him. That is until Cat came over with some diapers and clothes for one of the dolls she was playing with. They were still a little big for him, but they would work until others could be made for him. But Tiggger in a baby dolls dress, was not only funny, but really cute too. And if they could get away with dressing him up like that.....

    For the first couple of days everything went, normal. Or at least as expected. The kids and us adults got in to a routine. Wake-up and meet in their rooms. Then we would all go to breakfast together. That was always met with a lot of people wanting to see the babies. Well the toddlers really. As for people wanting to see and hold the infants. That was never really a problem. Those two slept a lot and was held by almost everyone. They never had a problem being held by anyone we handed them to. Me and Mary always got a brake whenever we needed it. The toddlers were toddlers. They ran around the cafeteria and sat with someone that would feed them that day. Everyone was getting a kick out of the little ones.