Chapter 6

VAL'S POV
The following Monday felt pretty normal, but when I got to school, I saw more couples than usual. Parts of the hall had heart decorations. Most of the couples were on top of one another. Some of them were exchanging gifts and then I realized. Today was Valentine's Day.

I'm not the typical girl who cares about these silly holidays but I genuinely forgot about this one specifically. Aside from the many couples roaming the halls, I had a feeling that today going to be a good day. I would finally be close to Eddie like we used to be. We had each-other's best friends back.

I hate that couples are more affectionate just this day like it's a competition. It's like they're giving a show, letting everyone know that "they love each other" No one cares who you're dating. Besides that, my day is going great so far. When lunchtime came around, Eddie handed me two notes. One from him and from Jonathan. His note said:
Im gonna be w/ my dnd buddies 4 lunch and spend the night with you know who. But we can hang out tmmr as bffs. Also I know Jonathan's plan so congrants!

Jonathan's note read:
Meet me where we had our first interaction:)

I looked at Eddie and he gave me a thumbs up and I turned to look at Jonathan, furrowing my eyebrows. He smiled. What plan? When did they ever talk? What's going on? Only a few minutes until I find out what was happing with Jonathan and Eddie. I was getting my things back into my backpack when the bell rang. When I was done, I looked at the seat next to me and Jonathan was gone. Eddie was gone as well. This was very confusing.

I got up to meet Jonathan and Eddie was standing next to me in the hallway. Jonathan was holding a poster but it was turned upside down and I couldn't read what it said. I saw them together and I didn't know what to think. I couldn't comprehend what was going on, why on earth were they standing next to each other. My heart was racing but in a good way. "What's going on?" I asked, chuckling as I got closer to them.

"Come on Byers, ask her'" Eddie added cheerfully.

If I didn't know any better, I would say that Eddie is excited about something happening. He was very happy, which I enjoyed. I missed this Eddie too much.

"Val, maybe I didn't make it obvious, but I like you, I like you a lot and Will even helped with this poster," as he turned it around and I could read it.

VAL. WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME?

"Yes"

"Maybe you might think asking you out in this day is a little cheesy"

"And corny" Eddie mumbled under his breath.

"And you might not even like me which is fine and we could remain friends-"

"Yes." I didn't hesitate to say yes to Jonathan. Eddie was right, I am head over heals over for Jonathan but I didn't think he liked me. Or maybe I was oblivious to the signs. All this time I thought he liked Nancy but he likes me instead. Jonathan Byers likes me. "Jonathan," I said bluntly

"Yeah?"

"I said yes"

He turned to Eddie and Eddie was smiling. He didn't believe I said yes.

JONATHAN'S POV
I couldn't believe I finally asked Val out. I finally did it and she said yes. I've been waiting to do this forever,which Will noticed as well. There were a few times where he kept bugging me, asking me when I'd do it and I kept saying soon all the time. Since the first time she came to my home, I just knew she was the one for me. For a while, I thought she liked Eddie, and she does, just not like I thought.

Last Saturday she was so happy and I just wanted her to be happier. I knew I had to ask her out, that was my sign. When I told Will of my plan, he wasted no time doing the poster I'm holding right now in my hands. As soon as she came walking, I was positive this was worth it. She's worth it.