CHAPTER 100

Valerie's POV 

His lips capture mine as his hands work on my long hair while I cling to him as close as I can because I can't get enough of him. 

As he kisses the life out of me, a small groan leaves my mouth and suddenly, he pulls away, making me flutter my eyes open.

With a smile, he caresses my face. 

I concentrate on his expression trying so hard to figure out what he must be thinking.

I made us come here for a good reason and I know he is a little sad about it. Today is the final judgment for Mr. Lorenzo, Anita, Brenda, and Celina. Ryan was getting prepared to go to the court when I suggested we take a day trip here. I wanted to see the mountains and more of nature and coming here was the best idea.

I didn't want him to go to court to be reminded about the death of his kind Mother. I didn't want to go either because I don't want to feel any iota of sympathy for any of those criminals, especially Brenda.

She must have thought she would get out of this because I am Ryan's wife. I guess she forgot how hard-hearted I can be, not when she killed an innocent woman who is my Mother-in-law.

I hope they all rot in jail.

Ryan will not see them nor will he try to show any form of sympathy for the man he has called Father all his life and the girl he called sister who betrayed him.

I'm doing this for him. Because I want him to leave the past behind us. And be happy. 

I'm sure his Mother would want him to be happy too. I'm sure she wants him to let go of the baggage and the pain of losing her and then live his life as normal.

Now that I am expecting a child, I wish she got to know this before getting killed. This has always been her dream. 

"You look beautiful today", he mutters with a bright smile.

I snort and flip my hair sideways. "I'm always beautiful."

"Don't be so confident…"

"What are you implying?" I retort sharply, darting my eyes back to his. The amusement on his face says it all. He wants to tease me again about my appearance the other day.

It isn't my fault. It's the baby.

Sometimes, I feel so weak and lazy to do a thing while other times, I feel good and full of energy just like today. On days like this, I take extra care in looking good.

"Nothing", he shakes his head and looks over the mountains. The absence of his touch leaves a cold chill on my face.

I turn towards the mountain too as we remain in silence. Making sure that his shoulder is touching mine, I begin to think of what to say to cheer him up. He must be thinking about the court's judgment. I don't know if he is worried that they won't get the right sentence or if he is worried the sentence will be too severe.

That is what they deserve. I am confident they are all going to rot in jail. They will never get to see the light of day anymore.

"What are you thinking?" I ask, pulling him out of his thoughts. He stares at me for a while before he answers.

"Just thinking about how lucky I am to have you."

My heart almost melts at the statement but I won't fall for it. The way his face breaks into a smile when he sees how much I don't believe what he just said, my gaze shifts to his lips.

I love his kisses. 

I love his smell. 

I love his appearance.