CHAPTER 101

THIRTY-EIGHT MONTHS LATER 

Valerie's POV 

With a frustrated groan, I give up on the dress as I watch myself in the mirror, thinking of what to do about this mess.

The seamstress should be blamed for this but I am not in the mood to blame anyone at the moment. What I want and need right now is another dress that fits in and can accommodate me and my big belly.

The knock on the door pulls me out of my thoughts and the seamstress comes in with another beautiful white dress, making my face light up and my worry vanish into thin air.

She smiles back at me when she notices the relief on my face.

My makeup is done. 

My hair is done. 

My shoe is ready. 

My jewelry is on. 

What is left is my white dress.

Just then, the door opens again as noises fill the air and Kayla and Kyle stroll in pushing each other playfully. 

Kayla is dressed in a Floral Bow Tulle Ivory Cap-Sleeve Princess Pleated Ball Gown while Kyle is in an Ink Blue Stanford Suit makes me smile broadly.

My wish and that of Ryan came to pass.

When I was in labor, I was desperate to get the baby out without bothering about the gender. I was in so much pain to even care whether it was a male or a female. I thought less of my wish then. I just wanted my baby to come out.

The baby came out and I thought it was time for me to rest, and regain my strength while I watched the nurses clean up the baby but then my legs were spread wide again and I was asked to push.

I was confused. I didn't know what was happening. 

Fear jumped into my heart. 

Then my heart skipped a beat and my breathing became ragged until it dawned on me that I was having another baby.

I was having twins.

Kyle was the first to come out but I didn't even know until later. Kayla came out next which made me shed tears of joy and happiness at the sight of the two babies.

Ever since their birth, I have been so excited about this day.

I never wished for twins. The thought never crossed my mind but I always wished to have a wedding with a little bride and a little groom.

My wishes finally came true. It is coming true today.

"Mommy, Kayla says she wants to get married too", Kyle's soft voice jerks me back to life. The seamstress places the white dress carefully on the bed, far away from the kids so they won't tamper with it.

I rest my back on the wooden chair in front of my dresser and fold my arms, looking from Kyle to Kayla.

"Who brought the idea?"

Kayla is gentle but Kyle isn't. I know Kayla would never say a thing like that. She is too young for that but Kyle acts way older and loves talking. I don't know what's up with him and who put such an idea in him.

They are too young for this.

"Not me, Mommy", she replies sweetly, then smiles at me. 

The door opens again and the head maid comes in. "I have been looking all around for you guys. Come on, let's go."

Kayla and Kyle turn back and follow her out, giving me room to go back to my dress. I examine it from the bed and nod in satisfaction.

"This will do."