CHAPTER | 014 | BOND OF SIBLINGS

England.

Mide was back from Cape Town, and here was in his condo in England, slouched on his leather sofa going through some documents papers that needed to be approved and sent to his Dad through fax.

While he was sorting documents and signing some papers, the thoughts of Annika'casually etched up in his head.

Meeting her family was amazing, they were amazing people, well cultured and accommodating, yet they bombarded him with questions, which he answered, especially Valencia Twala, his fiancée's mother. That could see through him like a hawk, yet he liked her personality.

But then Annika kept asking him serious questions about how his family.

"So ... what's the story when we're staying at your parents' place? Are we sharing a bedroom, or would they be scandalized?" She asked as Mide cocked his head.

"Hmm. I suppose we'll be in the same room...."

"You suppose or you know?"" She arched her brow as he chuckles.

"Don't worry, once we arrive everything will get sorted." He said in his British accent.

"Get sorted?" Annika repeats but Mide smirks.

Normally Annika found Mide's Britishy phrases so charming, but in this instance it was a tad frustrating.

Sensing her unease, he got up, walked over to where she was sitting, and kissed the top of her head tenderly. "Baby relax-my parents aren't the kind of people who pay any attention to sleeping arrangements." He said.

Annika wondered if that was really true. She tried to going through her emails, checking her schedules for meetings and content creation.

In one of the suits they both stayed in, she sat there in the glow of the laptop, Mide couldn't help but marvel at how beautiful his fiancé looked even at the end of a long day.

How did he get so lucky? Everything about her from how they meet at the airport, phone swaps, and her caramel skin that glowed on the morning run-on-the-beach on her bikini, her complexion so rich, to the obsidian-low cut hair that she dyed blonde-everything conveyed a natural, uncomplicated beauty so different from the desperate wanna be girls he had grown up around in Nigeria.

Now Annika was absentmindedly rubbing her index finger back and forth over her upper lip, her brow slightly furrowed. Mide knew that gesture well. What was she worrying about? Ever since he had invited Annika to Nigeria a two months ago, the questions had been piling on steadily.

Where were they staying? What gift should she bring for his parents? What had he told them about her? Mide wished he could stop that brilliant analytical mind of hers from overthinking every aspect of the trip.

He was beginning to see that Toke had been right. She was not only his elder sister, she was his closest female confidant, and he had first fielded the idea of proposing to Annika and inviting her to Nigeria during their phone conversation yesterday.

"First of all baby brother, you know you've instantly escalated things to the next level the moment your engagement hit the Internet, and saying you haven't told her anything, not even about your ex Stephanie, do you want her come meet drama when she arrives? Is this what you really want?" Toke asked point-blank.

"No. Well ... maybe. This is just a summer holiday trip for the both of us. I don't think it's necessary filling her in another anything not even Stephanie" he said as his throat tightens.

"Come on, Ayomide, this is not 'just a summer holiday trip. That's not how women think, and you know it. You've been dating seriously and secretly for almost two years now. No one in the family knew except me. You broke up with Stephanie, left Nigeria, cutting everyone off. You're twenty-eight, and up till now you have never brought anyone home. This is major. The family assume that you're coming home to marry Steph....."