Snow AK/CO

The snow touched down on Colorado's face. With one person on his mind.

He took a seat on a nearby log.

He looked down at his phone, looking through his pictures. He wasn't one to take a lot apart from when he found a pretty hiking spot, but recently he'd been taking a lot more.

There was a lot of pictures of him with the western states, California, Nevada, Alaska, and so on.

He looked at a picture of him and Alaska, Alaska had the same emotionless look to her. He looked at himself and wondered how he kept it together. He was an idiot around Alaska.

He felt the snow come down and thought more of her. The way she makes everything around her cold.

How her smiles, though rare, make his emotions feel like explosions.

How she managed to look good in every outfit Nevada and California put her in.

How she took him out to see a movie that he they both ended up adoring.

How she quoted that movie for the rest of the week.

As the snow fell more he couldn't help but miss her. Hoping she was there with him.

Everything was so cold but he felt so warm.

Maybe this was what Nevada described as love.

That tingly feeling that makes everything feel like a heatwave. It makes you want to spend forever with that person.

Clorado had never understood how Nevada could fall so easily in love, much less what romantic love was.

Guess he finally understood the feeling.

As the snow covered more and more of him he decided it was time to head home.