surfer boy

surfer boy: returning back to the island after spending most of her life traveling with her aunt, y/n catches jj's attention right away. kiara, y/n's sister, puts her foot down to stop the blonde from hitting on her sibling, but jj being jj, that doesn't work well.
———
this was requested <3 (jj meeting y/n for the first time)
———
enjoy nervous and cute jj
———

JJ's pov

We were all waiting for Kie's shift to end at The Wreck as we sat at the bar on the stools.

"Can we be lazy all day?" Sarah asked, her head laying comfortably on John B's shoulder. I didn't care what we did today.

"We can hang out at my house." Pope offered and I nodded my head to silently agree. I was too distracted by the basket of fries sitting in front of me to talk.

"Our house." Cleo corrected him and I chuckled, "You forget I live there, too." She finished. Pope was the definition of 'whipped' and we all gave him shit about it, but nonetheless, seeing him happy was nice.

"Okay, we can all hang out at our house." Pope repeated his sentence with Cleo's correction.

"I'm down for whatever." John B replied.

When the door to the kitchen opened I looked up, except this time it wasn't Kie exiting the back. It was another girl. Suddenly I found myself distracted by her and I choked on a french fry.

"Dude, you good?" John B patted my back and I coughed repeatedly until I could breathe again, "What was that about?"

I took a swig of my water before responding, "Who's that?" I asked, tilting my head in the direction of the mystery girl.

"That would be my sister, Y/n," Kiara answered as she swung around the bar to put an order into the register.

"Sister?" Sarah asked. The conversation must have peaked her interest because she lifted her head from JB's shoulder quickly, "You have a sister?" All of us sat in shock, Kie never told us she had a sibling.

"Yeah, she spent most of her life traveling with our aunt." Kie explained. I found myself peaking over my shoulder to watch the girl scribble down an order. I first studied her hair, then the way her apron was tied around her waist, before my eyes could get lower a voice scolded me.

"Paws off, Jayj, she's not up for grabs." Kie firmly brought my gaze back to our friends as she spun my head with her hand.

"Paws on, your sister is hot." I replied with a smirk. She wasn't 'hot' like 'I wanna hook-up with her' hot, she was hot in a sense that I found myself craving a complete strangers attention. That stranger being Y/n Carrera. Then I fully processed what Kie had said, "Wait, not up for grabs, like, she has a boyfriend?"

"Someone's got a crush." Cleo teased and I rolled my eyes jokingly at her. She was always the first to know exactly what I was thinking, it was the same with her, we understood each others thought processes flawlessly.

"More like her giving any guy her attention is like hell freezing over." Kie chuckled as she untied her apron and threw it onto the counter. We all watched as Y/n made her way back behind the bar and the two began talking.

"I'm going to Pope's, when are you off?" Kie asked her sister. Y/n slid her notepad into her apron and fixed her ponytail as she responded.

"Not for another hour," She paused and looked up at us, "Who's Pope?"

"I am." Pope answered as he lifted his hand slightly from the counter so she knew who he was, "This is Cleo, Sarah, John B, and—"

"JJ Maybank, the pleasure is all mine." I attempted to flirt as I held my hand out to her. She gave me a confused look and raised one of her brows.