Wattpad Original
There are 57 more free parts

26

Sweet

I went down to the side of the stairs where Sebastian was waiting.

"Congratulations. You're amazing," he took my trembling hand, holding it gently. I stopped breathing when he closed our distance and kissed my temple.

Oh God. How I miss his wonderful manly scent. This week has been terrible, waiting for our next date. The moment I saw him, I wanted to wrap my arms around him and hugged him so tight.

But, I had to keep my composure and act unaffected by his presence.

"Thanks," I said. "Same to you for winning an award."

He looked so devastatingly gorgeous in his black tuxedo, and when he smiled, darn it, it made all my insides swirled deliciously.

Still clasping my hand, he drew me closer and locked my arm with his.

"You look so ravishing. I'm sure you know that," he whispered, his face so close against mine. I knew I was blushing so hard. But before I could answer, he led me to the crowd of people, who congratulated me, "if you don't mind, my parents want to meet you. But if you'd rather not, it's okay. They would understand."

"Of course I want to meet them," the truth was, my heart pounded so fast at the thought of meeting them. I messed up with their son, and that means I hurt them too.

"Thanks," he gave me that tantalizing smile again that turned my knees into jelly. I let him lead me to the VIP area, where the group of extremely wealthy businessmen and entrepreneurs gathered.

Some people congratulated me when we entered the area, until we reached the far end, where his parents' table was.

Sebastian's mother, Elena Pallis Stavrakos, looked so elegant in a gold shimmering dress. She was sipping a bubbly drink while her husband, Adonis Stavrakos, whispered something in her ear. While their daughter, Luna, was busy scrolling her phone.

I was more anxious to meet Sebastian's mother. Elena was an example of a very strong, confident woman and is not afraid to voice out her opinion. Some tabloids labeled her as a tigress in the financial world because of her unpredictable temper and less tolerance for people who drag her down.

My heart hammered so fast as we stood in front of his family.

Elena turned, and instantly, her dark cold eyes met mine.

"Sweet, I want you to meet my family."

"Congratulations, Miss Treble for your award. Well-deserved success," Adonis Stavrakos stood up and shook my hand.

"Thank you, Mr. Stavrakos. Same to you for your company's success as the best innovative for many years."

"This is my sister, Luna," Sebastian extended his hand briefly to the beautiful dark-haired young woman in an all-black long sleeve outfit. I could not determine if her clothing style was gothic, conservative or Victorian.

"Hi, Luna. Nice meeting you."

"The pleasure is mine. I read some of your blogs," her face flushed a little, "specifically topics about crime and mystery books."

"Oh, really? Thanks."

"She can't wait to go to university next week," Sebastian announced proudly.

"So does my brother." I remembered her encounter with Colton in the elevator. I wondered if she already figured out that the guy she punched was my brother.

"Is that so?" she crossed her arms together, "tell him not to act like some kind of Sicilian gangster, if he wants to create a good impression with the girls."