Chapter 4

It was Sunday and there was a small barbecue party at Cabello residence. Camila was sitting in the gazebo writing something in her journal. Her eyes occasionally glanced at Lauren, who was casually chatting with her Sister, Sofi.

"Lauren, can you watch the chicken? I have to make a phone call." Sofi said, loud enough for Camila to hear. It's not like Sofi did it intentionally; she just natural loud.

Camila watched Lauren nodded her head and give Sofi a thumbs up before turned to the barbecue grill and flipped the chickens. Still ignoring Camila's gaze on her. It's been two hours and Lauren still didn't look at her, talk to her or anything at all.

Camila rolled her eyes when Lauren turned her back facing her, not allowing Camila to stare at her side profile. Lauren knew what she was doing.

Camila huffed irritated, continued her writing;

Lauren Jauregui is the definition of beautiful, hot, sexy, yet annoying and arrogant. She's nothing special in people's eyes, but somewhat special to me. The scar on her left eyebrow, the built up wall inside her, the mysterious expression on her face, the way her jaw clenched when she's mad or annoyed, her husky voice, the way she smile, the way her emerald eyes lit up when she's happy, all of that makes her look very special in my eyes. I'm so in love with her. I don't know how, I don't know why, I just did. She has been nothing but a jerk, bitch and an asshole to me, but despite all of that, I still want to wife her up so hard.

Love is weird.

Camila stopped writing when a thought crossed her mind.

"Ella honey ... can you come here for a while?" Camila called her niece, Daniella; Selena and Demi's daughter. Ella, who was playing dolls rushed to get her aunt.

"Yes, Aunt Mila?"

"Can you get Aunt Mila some chicken wing?"

"How many?"

"Two," Camila said, holding up her right hand's index and middle finger.

"Okay..." Without delay, Ella rushed to Lauren at the barbecue grill.

"Aunt Lorn... Aunt Mila want the chicken wing." Asked Ella. Lauren turned her head to look at Camila. She saw the younger girl was writing. Half of her face was covered by her long hair. 'Beautiful' Lauren thought.

But a second later she frowned, 'Is she mad at me? Why didn't she ask for herself?' Lauren thought again before reality slapped her. She remembered she was the one who forbid the younger girl approaches her.

Lauren sighed 'It is better this way. At least she doesn't mess with my head anymore.' She thought before turning her attention to the little kid in front of her.

"How many does she want, sweetheart?" Lauren asked, smiling, crouching down eye level with the kid and poking her cheek.

Ella's cheek turned a little bit pink (AN : The Jauregui effect xD) as she held two fingers up.

Lauren chuckled before putting two pieces of chicken wing on a plate and then handed it to Ella. "Careful..." Lauren said as she watched the kid struggling, holding the plate with her both tiny hand and her doll tucked under her arm walking towards her Aunt. Lauren turned back to the grill when she saw Ella had reached Camila with the chicken wing, safe and sound.

A minute later, the kid approached Lauren again. She tugged on Lauren's shirt, seeking the older girl's attention.

Lauren crouched down, eye level with the kid again, "Yes, sweetheart?"

"Aunt Lorn... Aunt Mila want the hot sauce."

Lauren stood up straight looking at Camila again, and again she looked so focused writing in her journal. She raised an eyebrow, 'Why she doesn't look at me at all? At least an eye contact would be nice.'