b a d d a y

little TW!! : this talks abt kai's anxiety and his negative thoughts abt himself and it explores that feeling so just wanted to give a warning for it <3

"Nicolas?" Kai called out with confusion when he walked into his room to see his boyfriend grabbing his hoodies from his closet. "What're you doing?"

"I'm taking my stuff," Nicolas answered curtly and Kai felt unease bubbling in his stomach.

"Wh-what do you mean you're taking your stuff? You gave me these things." Kai said and then his eyes widened when he saw that Nicolas was truly stuffing his backpack with all the things he had left Kai with.

"You don't deserve to have them and what's the point now that I'm leaving?" Nicolas muttered.

"W-what? Leaving where?" Kai asked as he walked closer to Nicolas and grabbed his arm but Nicolas harshly pulled it out of his grasp and glared at Kai with such hatred that Kai felt bile rise in his throat.

What was going on? Why was Nicolas looking at him like this?

"I'm leaving you," Nicolas said and Kai took a shocked step back.

"Why?" He whispered as tears filled his eyes.

"Because I always have to do everything for you! I do everything all the time and I get nothing in return. You just take and take and never give back. I mean, I've loved you for all my life and you didn't even know it and when I tell you, you don't say it back. I'm done Kai, I'm done staying with someone who can't even say they love me." Nicolas exclaimed and Kai felt his whole soul shatter at the cruel words that left his-his what? 

"But- I do! I l-" but when Kai tried to get the words out, that he loved Nicolas they just wouldn't. It's like there was something lodged in his throat and his mouth would not budge.

Nicolas scoffed and rolled his eyes before grabbing his last hoodie and zipping up his bag and then he stormed out.

Kai followed him with shaky legs and tried to grab his hand but each time Nicolas's hand slipped from his grasp.

"Nicolas, wait!" Kai screamed with tears streaming down his face but Nicolas kept walking away. "Nicolas, please-I l-" But even with Nicolas gone Kai could not get the words he wanted to shout so desperately out.

I love you. I love you. I love you.

Kai woke up with a clogged up throat and his hair sticking to his forehead with sweat and a choked gasp left his lips as he took in reality.

Oh.

It was a dream-a nightmare. It wasn't real.

Or was it?

Kai grabbed his phone and immediately texted his boyfriend.

Kai: Nicolas, you there?

Nic <3: Yes, love?