🖤Grief- Mark

Request by: OliviaReason

TRIGGER WARNING: Death, Grief

Everything was completely normal. The day began as usual, all of the members of Nct 127 having breakfast together before heading to the practice room for dance practice. It was a beautiful day outside, the sun was shining and the spring breeze was refreshing. Yuta and mark had made plans to go on a date once they finished practice. Everything was fine.

Until mark's phone rang.

Taeyong scolded mark for having his ringer on and mark giggled apologizing to the leader as he ran to shut it off. Before he could however, he noticed the call location was from Canada and all of a sudden he had a knot in his stomach.

"mark we don't have all day man!" johnny teased.

"hang on." Mark shushed before he slipped out of the room, his phone raised to his ear.

Yuta watched the boy carefully, noticing the drastic change in his boyfriend's facial expression.

"it must be something important, let's let him be." Jaehyun said as he adjusted his cap.

Taeyong nodded, a worried twinge in his gut.

Mark slipped out of the room and walked over to the other side of the hall leaning against the wall to answer the call.

"hello?"

"hello, is this Mark Lee?" it was a man's voice, a professional sound in his tone.

"um, yes sir how can I help you?"

"Mr. Lee, I'm afraid I have some difficult news to give you."

Mark's eyes went wide, his heart speeding in his chest.

"what is it?" his voice was shaky.

"earlier this morning your parents were involved in a hit and run accident."

Mark swore he was hearing things, his entire perception of reality became distorted and fuzzy.

He gasped out a shaky breath.

"w..what?"

"I'm terribly sorry but, neither of them survived the hit."

Mark's head hurt, a strong ache spreading across his entire body, a sick feeling bubbling in his stomach.

"what...what!? No...no that can't be true!" he refused to accept this. His hand was violently trembling as he yelled into the phone.

"I'm sorry sir."

"no!! no who is this!? Is this some kind of fucking joke!? Tell me you're lying!"

"I'm afraid I can't sir. I work for the police, my name is deputy Sam Jorgensen, I was assigned to the hit and run."

Mark's throat went tight, his mouth completely dry.

"no...this...this can't be happening...this...this can't be fucking happening!" he screamed as his knees buckled underneath him.

"I'm so sorry for your loss sir. We've been told your grandparents are handling the arrangements. Please expect contact from them soon."

Mark dropped his phone, the screen cracking off the linoleum floor. He sunk to the ground in utter disbelief. This couldn't be real, this had to be some kind of nightmare, or some sick prank, his parent's couldn't be dead, they just couldn't.