Chapter THIRTY-THREE

"Ouch be gentle!". The ten year old blonde let out a yelp as Jayson cleaned his cheek with a hot towel.

"Stay still". The little brunette mumbled.

Cole looked at his best friend through his eyelashes as Jayson continued cleaning the little bruise on the boy's cheek.

A tear slipped down Cole's cheek which happened to catch Jayson's eye.

"Why are you crying?". Jayson asked softly.

"My Mom yelled at me". Cole mumbled as he wiped the tear from his face.

Jayson stayed silent for a bit before he wiped a tear from the blonde's face. "Well you did get into a fight".

"He pushed me first!". Cole said defensively, the tears spilled from his eyes uncontrollably.

"I know, I was there. It's ok". Jayson soothed the other boy by patting his head gently. "I told you we should have just reported him".

"I want to run away". The little blonde confessed as he laid his head on Jayson's shoulder.

"Don't be silly". Jayson said.

"But I do want to". Cole muttered, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"It'll be ok, your mom just scolded you because she was trying to correct you, you know she loves you". Jayson assured.

It took awhile for Cole to calm down from crying but eventually he did and the brunette repositioned him on his lap, gently stroking the blonde's hair.

~~~~

Cole laid on his bed mindlessly, fiddling with a bead necklace in his hands. A bead necklace Jayson made for him during activity class when the two were still in the third grade, Cole was a quiet kid when he was little, one that didn't like socializing or talking to other kids ─ except Jayson of course so when the brunette made the necklace for him, Cole was extremely happy and the smile on Jayson's face as he put the necklace on made him even happier.

But after the fight that happened between the two, Cole had been more or less depressed.

He barely got out of his room or ate anything, all he did was wallow in self pity. The blonde had never felt so empty. Cole had tried everything to get to talk with Jayson again, he called, texted and even tried talking to the brunette at school but all was to no avail.

I love you Cole, and I always will.

Tears stung the blonde's eyes as he recalled what Jayson said to him that night, the words kept replaying in his head over and over again it drove him mad. He fucked up and he knew it but how he was going to fix it, especially with Jayson ignoring that he didn't know.

"Cole your dad and I will be going out tonight". Becky said with a knock before opening the door to Cole's room.

"Cool". Cole muttered as he blinked back the tears.

"Baby what's wrong?". Becky said as a frown marred her features, she walked further into the room and sat on the bed next to Cole who repositioned himself with his head on her lap.

"What happened? You've been stuck in your room for days". Becky stated as she ran her hands through the boy's hair.

"Nothing". Cole let out a sigh as he sunk into the touch. The two stayed in silence as Becky continued stroking the boy's head.