Chapter 26

I looked down the long line. They all came to introduce themselves, each with an introduction unique compared to the one before. They seemed to have practiced this before, but I could see how since there were nine of them. I never knew I had so much family.

A girl stepped out in front of everyone else. I assumed she was the oldest. She had straight brown hair that reached below her shoulders. Her eyes were more of an orchid shade of violet.

"I'm Clara Henriette Nicholas. I'm twenty-five, and I'm an actress in the show, The Bloodlust Chronicles, a paranormal drama on its eighth season. I'm currently engaged to Eli Tenor, one of my co-stars."

The next girl stepped out. She was lithe and thin in her fitted black dress. She was taller than the other girls, even though she had on flats. Her hair was pulled back in a sleek ponytail. Her hair didn't appear as healthy as Clara's, though.

"Virginia Christine Nicholas, but I go by Ginny. I'm twenty-two years old, and I live on the Atlin coast. I'm a professional swimmer, and I travel across the world as an athlete. I set the world record for breaststroke."

Ginny stepped back, only to be replaced with another girl with brown hair and violet eyes. Her hair was in a low bun, and strands framed her face. She had large framed glasses, magnifying her mystic violet eyes.

"Hey, I'm Stephanie Marie Nicholas. I'm twenty-one, and I graduated from the University of Sota with a master's degree in journalism. I'm the leader of the news section in Illèa Weekly, so I control what goes in and out in that article, but my boss also has the final say on what gets published."

Two girls stepped back, and I assumed they were identical twins based on their appearance. The only difference was that one girl had dyed her hair to be ombré, which fell to her waist and the other's hair was curled to perfection in a pulled back style.

"I'm Rachel Serena Nicholas," smiled the first one with ombré hair. "I'm a model for a few clothing lines. I'm nineteen years old, and I have a boyfriend named David Kane, who designs men's suits."

Then the shier girl behind her came to introduce herself. "My name's Tabitha Chanelle Nicholas, but you can call me Tabby. I've gone to the Carolina School of Beautification, and I'm now employed as my twin's, Rachel's, make-up artist. I'm nineteen, same as Rach."

Danielle stepped forward and looked me in the eye. "I'm Danielle Rene Nicholas. I'm seventeen, and you already know me."

The next girl stepped up, eager to speak. She had short brown hair and bangs pulled off to the side. She had bright eyes and a friendly smile. She stuck out her hand for me to shake.

"Hi! I'm Shelby Mikelle Nicholas. I'm the youngest person to ever win the award for creative writing, awarded to me by Atlin College for the Gifted and Excelled at age fifteen. I'm sixteen now, though, and I'm on my way to becoming one of the best writers out there."

A shyer girl stepped forth. She shuffled her feet around behind her. She had her long brown hair in a braid, coming off her right shoulder. She looked up to me and bit her lip nervously.

"H-hello, I'm Cameron Amy Nicholas. I go by Cami, though. I don't do much, but I play cello for the Hampton Orchestra when they need a substitute. I'm basically an understudy. I'm fourteen years old, but I'm going to be fifteen in March."

Finally, a young boy stepped forth. He look quite dapper in his black suit. He had messy brown hair strewn across his head, hiding his violet eyes. He had his hands in his pockets as he looked up to me.

"I'm George Terrence Nicholas, and I haven't achieved anything in my life yet because I'm ten," he huffed.

Harry and I looked at each other in surprise. My eyes widened, as did his, and we looked back at the long line of people. I cleared my throat and felt the need to introduce myself.

"I'm Elisa Talia Carams. I was on my way to becoming a medical missionary before the selection, but now I'm a member of the selected. I play piano and violin, and I also took ballet. I'm going to be eighteen next month."

Harrison took after me and looked forth at the expectant crowd of family. "I'm Harrison Peter Carams. I'll respond to either Harry or Harrison, but I don't have a preference. Penelope was my twin. I'm fifteen years old, and I haven't decided what I want to specialize in my education in yet."

We looked back at the Nicholas family, all inspecting us with eager eyes. All ex let for Danielle, for that matter. Cassandra stepped forward and hugged me. "You'll have to come see us again soon over in Sota!"

"Yeah, definitely. I didn't know we had this much family," I confessed.

"Oh darling, you haven't seen the beginning of us. Slade has three brothers and two sisters, and I have four brothers and one sister!" She said with a smile too wide to not cause pain.

"Big families, I presume?" Harrison said with stretched eyes.

"Oh, yes. My oldest sibling already has grandchildren! Well, we'll see you later at the Elite ball!" Cassandra gushed.

"The ball?" I questioned.

"Oh yeah. Didn't you know? Family gets to visit for a few days this week. We're staying until a few days after the ball, and the rest of the families should be arriving tomorrow," answered Shelby.

"Oh," I said in surprise. "That's lovely. We'll see you soon, then?"

"I guess we will!" Clara winked.

They all walked away to reserve a table to sit at, leaving Harrison and I alone. I let out a giant sigh, released with a shaky laugh. I put a hand on Harrison's shoulder for support.

"They're like a pack," Harrison mumbled.

"Just thank god Mom and Dad didn't have that many of us," I chuckled.

"And I thought four was a large number," he said with a steady shake of his head. "So Olivia, huh?"

"You found out?" I gasped.

"You knew?" He exclaimed.

"Yeah, she wouldn't stop talking about you. It was kind of funny, actually," I laughed, swatting his shoulder. "You've got a lot going for you, especially considering you haven't been here that long."

"I just hope I can handle it."

-

-

-

-

-

So, we've met the Nicholas pack.

Oh my freaking God, that was painful to write.