Chapter 52

It was frustrating knowing the truth. I wanted Orange to tell me herself. I wanted to torture her until she couldn't take it anymore and then I would scream at her as much as I wanted. Maybe I was just focusing my anger on something else but I was ready to do everything to make Orange break. And it started at wake:

"I haven't eaten with Astéria in a long time. Maybe I should eat with her today. You two have been avoiding each other for a long time. Maybe we could eat together today so you two could get to know each other.

-Is that what you want?

-Astéria is a very nice person and I feel bad that you are avoiding her. She and I are friends and she must feel very sad that my best friend doesn't like her."

Orange slowly nodded and I was waiting to see how she was going to get out of this. We went to school as if nothing happened and as soon as we arrived Saber came up to us saying that Orange's class had a change of timetable and that she wouldn't be eating at the same hour as usual. I smiled as if nothing and let them leave. Look at them being accomplices.

Astéria was already in the classroom when I arrived and she came up to me to greet me. She didn't move as if waiting for something but I just greeted her and went to sit down. At noon Astéria waited for me and seeing her I frowned:

"What are you waiting for?"

Astéria pinched her lips:

"Are you going to eat?

-Oh, yes. But I'll eat with Orange today, sorry."

I didn't say more and left to eat alone with Azore. I continued teasing Astéria for days and I could feel that she was growing more and more fidgety. I would say that I wanted to see Orange while I was with Astéria and vice versa going to and fro between our two classes and keeping Astéria on her toes. She started being so stressed that she would jump up every time I left the classroom. I was unstoppable and would change my plans all the time so Astéria couldn't predict what I was going to do.

As we were walking to school I asked Orange:

"Orange, would you like to go to the new cake place in town? I haven't gone yet."

She beamed

"Of course!

-Great! We could go after class today. I'll wait for you as long as you need."

As soon as we agreed on the date, I went to class and stopped in front of Astéria's table:

"Astéria, we don't have a lot of classes lately, right?

-Yes, it is very nice to have time for ourselves.

-Do you have a lot of time?"

I could almost see her tail stand up:

"A lot. I don't have anything planned for days.

-Great! Did you hear about the new cake place in town?"

Astéria froze.

"I heard about it, yes. They say the cakes there are really good.

-That's what I heard too. Do you want to go there with me?

-Of course!

-Okay, then it's a date. What about today after class?

-I...

-You said that you had nothing planned and that's the only day I am free.

-Okay... It is a date then.

-Great!"

An hour later Orange came up to me with a gloomy face:

"I am so sorry but our home teacher added another class today.