Chapter 27: I Love You, You Stupid Vampire

Chapter 27:

I Love You, You Stupid Vampire

I awoke in my bed with the sun gaping in through my window and onto my eyelids. It disturbed my sleep and caused to me open my eyes. I noticed Asuna sitting at the end of my bed looking nervous and Shiki standing at the door staring into space.

   I turned to catch Asuna’s stare, “Hey... what happened?” I mumbled yawning after. I memorized what happened to Kurando and gasped, “Kurando!”

   As I began to get up quickly Asuna stopped and pushed me back, “No, Yuna. You just woke up. He’s fine, don’t worry.” She assured me.

   My doubts still floated, “But—”

   “Do you love him?” Shiki asked not turning to look at me, not even for a moment.

   I stared at him blankly, “You should know who I love, Shiki.” I said. He should, I basically confessed it last night.

   He moved stiffly, “The way you ran for him...” He muttered still not taking my stare.

   “He’s like my best friend, Shiki!” I snapped, “Friends look out for each other!”

   Asuna stepped back away from me, “C’mon guys, no need to shout.”

   I jumped up out of bed realizing I was still in my school uniform from last night. I shook my head and looked at Shiki who was now finally looking at me firmly.

   “Where is he? My friend Kurando? You know don’t you?!” I asked and clenched my fists. I needed to see him, even if it would be the very last time.

   Asuna looked around, “I’m just gonna go… um see Yuuki and Zero.” She said zipping past Shiki and out the door. I guess she didn’t go well with other peoples arguments…

   I walked over and stood in front of Shiki. Knowing my hair was a mess and I probably looked like a dumpster, I had to see Kurando.

   “Tell me where he is.” I demanded.

   Shiki stared at me, his eyes not even widening at my command.

   Silence.

   “Shiki.” I said again.

   He sighed lightly, “Fine.” He finally answered me.

   I now felt a little upset at the fact Shiki believed I was choosing Kurando over him. I would never choose anyone over him. I loved him too much to do that.

   “Shiki… I—”

   “Stop,” He interrupted me. He pulled out a small piece of paper and handed it to me. “I thought you’d want to know. Here’s a map to the tower. I don’t know if they’ll let you in but just say you’re visiting. I wasn’t supposed to give you this but you’re so desperate.” He lent against the wall once again.

   I glanced down at the folded paper. I smiled and really appreciated Shiki for doing this for me.

   “Thank you.” I whispered with a slight grin.

   He shrugged and bent over my face slowly. “You—smell nice.” He mumbled licking his lips. I stepped back in shock.

   “Huh?” I muttered at his admire. “What do you mean?”

   He stared at me blankly, “I’m thirsty… that’s all.” He said and smirked.

   I thought for a moment… what’s the best thing that would let Shiki see that I don’t love Kurando but him? How will I gain his trust? I stepped forward again, “Come with me.” I mumbled for only him to hear.