Lay Me Down Chapter 39

VOTE/COMMENT/LIKE/TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lizzie’s POV

The ride back was filled with silence. Neither of us said a word and it oddly felt better that way. I felt as if something was said that the rest of the ride became awkward. I lifted myself up as I felt the car stop. We were back. I got out of the car and stretched and so did Sasha and Carmen. I went to the trunk of my car and pulled my bags out and placed them on the ground.

“Thanks Carmen,” I said giving her a hug. “It was a great trip. I had a good time.”

“Yea, it was a great time until that bitch ruined it,” she replied in my ear. 

I chuckled as I pulled away, noticing Carter and Ariel pull in the parking space next to ours.

“Bye Sasha,” I squealed. She laughed as we embraced in a hug.

“You’re still my sister,” she muttered. I laughed and pulled away.

“Don’t shy away from us Lizzie, come see us sometime,” Carmen stated

“I definitely will,” I said as I picked up my bags.

“The door should be unlocked,” Carter told me as he came towards us. “Ariel already went up.” 

I nodded and made my way to Carter’s place after saying my last goodbyes to Sasha and Carmen. I made my way inside and dropped my bags on the bed. I began to unpack everything that I had taken with me. I felt kind of sad and yet happy that the trip was over.

I had finally finished unpacking everything and I let out a long sigh. I heard a knock and I turned around to see Carter standing in the doorway.

“Ariel and I are about to go grab a bite to eat. You want to come?”  

“No, thanks.”

“Are you hungry?”

“No, I’m good.”

“Do you want us to bring you something back?” I shook my head. “You okay?” He propped himself up and strode closer to me.

“Yea.”  

“Well, call me from the house phone if you decide that you want anything.” 

“Okay.”

He stole a final glance at me before leaving. I laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. A sense of nostalgia arose within me. I missed the old days. I missed laying in Carter’s arms. I missed his kisses and the way he touched me. I hated not being able to do those things with him, when we were always so close to each other. I rolled over on my side groaning. Why did life have to be so fucked up? It seemed as if I asked myself this question on numerous occasions. I got up from the bed and made my way to the kitchen looking for something to eat. There was nothing. I sighed as I went back to my room getting in the bed and falling into a deep sleep.