43. The Delayed Meeting

Shehnaaz and Jasmine were talking about Sidharth's proposal for Shehnaaz to shift into his apartment. Jasmine tried to convince Shehnaaz of the proposal, citing the reason that it would be safe for Shehnaaz to shift from her dorm to Sidharth's apartment.

And her words had a great impact on Shehnaaz. Jasmine had forced her to reconsider her decision to live with Sidharth. She realized that Jasmine was right about accepting Sidharth's suggestion. If Shehnaaz moved into his apartment, she would be able to avoid unnecessary hassles and mocking while looking for a place to stay. She would not have to face absurd situations. She concluded that pregnancy was a tough task to be accomplished alone. Shehnaaz was occupied with her thoughts when Jasmine patted her back lightly. "Hey, where have you been lost?" She asked.

Shehnaaz smiled at her.

"Umm... Nothing much. I was thinking about what you told me. And Jasmine, you know, I think you are right."

Jasmine grabbed the collar of her shirt from the corner and shrugged it a little. "I won't brag about myself, but you know... I am always right. Hahahaha. I always give the right advice, but who cares? Huh?" Jasmine remarked. Shehnaaz laughed at her, but soon, she appeared to be worried.

"Umm... On a serious note, please tell me Jasmine if I should seriously consider moving to Sidharth's apartment. Would it be appropriate for both of us?" Shehnaaz asked.

Jasmine held her hands and squeezed them a little. She attempted to comfort Shehnaaz 's anxiety. Don't think too much about that. This isn't wrong in any sense. At this point, the safest place for you to live is
Sidharth's apartment. He would look after you. One should not stay alone during pregnancy. You might need something or another at any time.
Shehnaaz, you need someone to be around you all the time. And who could be beter than Sidharth? He is the one who can take good care of you. And you never know, something might brew between you and him, "
Jasmine winked at shehnaaz and burst into laughter.

Shehnaaz smashed a pillow on her and stated, "Would you please stop talking nonsense? Sidharth would be the last man in the world whom I could fall for. Huh!"

Jasmine could not stop laughing. "We will see that, baby." She said,

"Oh shut up Jasmine . Ahh... okay, now bye. I shall take your leave. I need to be there on time. But we will surely plan for the evening once I come back. All I have with me is this evening. Because you will be gone tomorrow, " Shehnaaz replied to her.

Jasmine chuckled. "In my opinion, you should seek Sidharth's permission to party with me."

Her suggestion made Shehnaaz smile. Shehnaaz answered with a laugh, "I don't have to seek anybody's permission in order to be with you or spend time with my best friend, darling."

She hugged Jasmine , said goodbye, and walked out of the room. She came out of the room and wondered, "I didn't ask him about the place, and neither did he tell me. I am confused about whether I should go to the hotel or somewhere else.

While she was walking towards the subway where she would get the train, Shehnaaz drew out her phone and called Sidharth. As usual, he did not receive her call. Rather, she got a message from him as a response.

'Sorry, I am busy... so I couldn't take your call. I will call you later.'
The message was read.

"He said he was busy. But I would have to know where we are supposed to meet. Or else, where would I go?" Shehnaaz read the message and wondered.

She stopped on the pavement and gathered enough courage to send a text message to Sidharth . "Sorry for bothering you, Sidharth, but since we have to meet soon, I wanted to know where I should go Hotel Empire or somewhere else?