home

home: jj finds comfort in your house whenever him and his dad fight, which leads you to calm him down and make sure he's okay. you then make a big decision.
———
this was requested<3 (this is two requests together)
———

JJ
Are you awake?
delivered 3:31 am

Babe?
delivered 3:35 am

I'm coming over
delivered 3:38 am

The persistent dinging of my phone made me stir awake, wondering what someone could need at these hours or the night. It took me a bit to wake up and finally get myself to turn over but when I read them I immediately checked the time.

4:13 am

JJ was probably already here and sleeping on the couch, it's what he did whenever he came over late like this. Sometimes he wouldn't even tell me he was coming, I'd just wake up to see him sleeping peacefully down the hall. On nights when things were really bad he would text me in hopes I'd wake up, tonight must have been one of those nights.

I walked quietly down the hall and peaked around the corner. His shaggy blonde hair laid on the armrest of the couch and he was turned away from me, the small blanket over his legs.

"JJ?" I whispered, he quickly turned around, probably spooked from my sudden voice behind him. His cheeks were stained with dried tears and his eyes were bloodshot. One of his eyes was swollen, black and blue surrounding the area, "Baby..." in three strides I was next to the couch. He sat up a bit and I sat next to him, wrapping my arms tightly around him as he relaxed into me.

"It got bad," JJ began explaining, his voice was shaking and threatening to crack as he sucked in a slow breath, "I coulda killed him." His body began to tremble and I squeezed him tighter, reminding him I was here. I lifted my arm and began running my fingers through his hair in an attempt to calm him down, "I should've—I can't—I can't fucking do it anymore!"

"I'm here, you're safe." I promised. Knowing JJ had panic attacks I immediately grabbed his hand and brought it to lay flat on his chest while he breathed, it was something that had always calmed him down.

"I hate him!" He sat up abruptly and leaned forward to put his head in his hands. My heart broke seeing him this way, it hurt knowing what he had to deal with on a daily basis. I rubbed his back, his body tensed for a moment before he looked over to see it was just me, "I'm sorry for waking you up."

"Don't apologize, JJ. You needed me." My hand ran down his arm as I stood off the couch and motioned for him to follow me, "this is your house too, y'know." I had gotten emancipated when my parents left the Outer Banks, since I wanted to stay they figured this would be a good opportunity to show me responsibility. So I had their old house, it was paid off and with them now having better jobs, any expenses to be paid were taken care of by them.

"How?" JJ asked, his voice wasn't as shaky now that he was slowly calming down. When we entered my room I crawled onto the bed and he joined next to me, pulling the comforter over us.

"You're here all the time, a majority of your things are here," I began to explain, "you might as well move in." Even though I said it in a joking way, I was being serious. I didn't want JJ going home to Luke. I wanted him to feel safe coming home to me every day, to have somewhere he could enjoy to call his.

"Wait, what?" He stuttered over his words with furrowed brows, "Uh, yeah. I mean, why not, right?"

"I'm not forcing you to. I just figured being here is a hell of a lot better than there. It's a big step, take your time deciding," I kissed him on the cheek and laid down onto his chest, "You'd get to sleep next to me every night." I added with a small smile, although he couldn't see it.

"You just caught me kinda off guard, but yeah, I think it's a good idea." I sat up like a giddy child and looked at him in shock.

"Really!?" Out of excitement I threw one leg over his body so I was now straddling him, both of my hands covering my mouth. Both of his hands rested on my thighs and through the dim light of the moon I saw his lips form a smile.

"Yeah." He confirmed and nodded his head. His arms traveled up my sides and wrapped around to my back, pulling me down into him, "I don't know where I'd be without you." He whispered as I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck, "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"I love you." I whispered against his skin, leaving a light kiss onto his neck since it was the most easily accessible area, "I want you safe."

"I am safe as long as I'm with you." JJ was being extra affectionate tonight and I was swooning over it, "Get some sleep."

"You too." I replied, my body now laying next to him. He laid further down in the bed and pulled me into his chest, "Tomorrow you'll wake up and already be home." I pushed some hair out of his face and gently ran my thumb over his bruised skin. It relieved me knowing things like that would never happen to him again.

"Home is wherever you are, Y/n."

________________

Sad/fluff not a super long one but oh well, I like how it ended <3