seventy-five

Most of the Pogues had no idea what was going on

Kie went to go see JJ the next day after they returned home, wanting to check up on him after everything she told him and when she got there, she noted the eviction notice on his front door, immediately feeling for the boy.

"Hey."

JJ glanced up and looked back down at his bike, "Sup, Kie?"

"Just wanted to check in on you, you know, after what I told you yesterday-"

"Yeah, thanks, but, I'm fine." He said, continuing to work on his bike.

"Did she come see you?"

"Nope."

Kie nodded sadly, "Did you go see her?"

"Yup." JJ huffed, blinking away tears, "And I ran into Rafe on the way out. Lovely conversation I had with him."

"Oh, god, I can't even imagine." She muttered, "I'm sorry she put you through this, Jayj."

"I said a lot of mean things to her yesterday, alright Kie? Things I shouldn't have said-"

"Yeah, well she deserves it!" Kie exclaimed, "None of us wanted her to be included in the first place and once we finally trusted her, she betrayed us. Don't forget she did that multiple times. She's a Kook through and through, and even she knows it, she doesn't want to be a Pogue, she never did."

"Then why she she spend all that time with us, huh? Why'd she sneak around behind Rafe's back? All for nothing now?"

"For her own satisfaction of knowing she can ruin all of us in one split second!" Kie fought back, "Don't forget, she has the clue and the insight on this City of Gold, not us, her, which means that Rafe has insight on it too." She paused, scoffing slightly, "Meaning that he's also going to take that gold if we don't do something. They already got the Merchant gold and the cross. Do you want them to get this too?"

JJ glared at her with tears in his eyes, "No, I don't."

"Then what are you going to do about it? What are we going to do about it?"

"I don't know, Kie!" He yelled, "All I know is I can't get any information from her because of the things I said. She's not going to forgive-"

"Forgive you?" Kie scoffed again, "You're kidding me, right? Why the hell does she have to forgive you? She's the one that fucked up, so, if anything, she should be begging for your forgiveness."

"How are we gonna get the damn information then?"

"We'll figure something out. We always do."

"Yeah." JJ nodded, "That's always worked out great. Look at us. I love it here! I love being home!"