Chapter 27

It was the first lesson, Arithmetics. The teacher arrived but the seat beside me was empty, Seojun hadn't come to class yet.

I felt a little guilty. I rested my head on the table for half the time of the lesson, in a daze.

Bored, I asked for permission to go to the washroom and left the class.

I ended up walking around the school and spotted Seojun playing basketball by himself at the court. I went near the court and sat on a bench, watching him dribbling the ball around. Soon after, he noticed me.

He lost control of the ball and it rolled off towards me. I slightly smiled and picked up the ball. I walked closer towards him and passed the ball as he stared at me.

"Here you go," I said and handed the ball to him. He took the ball and ignored me.

I sighed. He's still mad at me, I guess.

"Seojun?" I called him, again he ignored me and continued playing his basketball.

"Seojun I need to talk to you," I firmly said and he stopped dribbling the ball, turned to me and waited for me to continue talking.

I came closer to him. "I'm sorry. I still want us to be friends," I said, "Can you please don't be like this?"

He laughed sarcastically and let go of the ball, walking a few steps closer towards me. He held my shoulder and stared down at me, his eyes were a little watery.

"Can I not be like this? What do you mean by 'like this'? Do you know, I'm 'like this' because of you?!" He started to rage and shook me violently.

Tears started to form in my eyes. I'll let him vent his anger on me, it's my fault.

"...I genuinely loved you. I cared for you, but then you told me you've made use of me?!" He yelled in my face.

"Let go of her."

A hand grabbed my arm and I was pulled away from Seojun's grip.

Taehyung gave Seojun a cold stare whilst still holding onto my arm. Suddenly, Seojun grabbed my other hand, trying to pull me away from Taehyung.

"Let go of her hand, Lee Seojun," Taehyung warned him.

"I need to talk to her, don't butt in, Kim Taehyung," Seojun hissed at him. I helplessly looked at them, trying to get my hand free out of their grips, but they were holding on too tight.

"You shouldn't vent your anger on her. You can't force her to love you," Taehyung spoke firmly.

Seojun glared at Taehyung before he slowly let go of my hand and looked away. My tears fell as I looked at him. Taehyung then dragged me away from the basketball court.

**

We went to the staircase and sat on the steps.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung said as he patted my back.

I sighed.

"I just wanted to make him let out his anger at me. I'm curious about how he feels," I said.

"And then you want to let yourself suffer?" He asked me and raised his eyebrow.

I stayed silent. "You don't have to care," I replied and rolled my eyes.

"Well I have to because you are my girlfriend today."

I looked up at him. I felt my heart beat fast and my cheeks turn hot. He slightly smiled at me, and I turned away, smiling.

"Let's just return to class," I stood up and walked away.

***

Break time came and I didn't know who to be sitting with since Seojun's not gonna sit with me for sure. I ended up sitting alone.