Chapter 4.

Ruby Blue by Sleeping At Last

----------------------------------------------

Monday came faster than I would have liked. I was excited to start school and see my friends but also frustrated to have Landyn around me 24/7.

After leaving my parents house he had treated me to a bath and cooked dinner, but didn't once apologize. He told me that Mike was no longer apart of my life but I'll be dammed if he tried to rip one of my best friends away from me. Landyn may be my mate but we are equals and I'm not going to submit easily.

At the moment Landyn and I were in the truck, on our way to school. His hand was in its usual spot on my thigh. As we pulled up to the school parking lot, I felt anxious to see Laney and Mike and explain what had happened over the weekend.

Parking the car, Lan hopped out to open my door. He was dressed in dark wash jeans that fit his muscular butt perfectly, a grey t-shirt and his usual black boots. My heart skipped when I reached his glowing amber eyes and tousled brown curls.

He smiled at me before helping me from the truck. Locking the car, he pulls me under his giant arm and guides us toward the school.

"Wait, Lan." I put a hand on his chest and stepped in front of him. "I know we're mates and I know you don't want me around other guys, but Mike is almost like family to me and I won't let you dictate my life or who I choose to be friends with."

He stares at me with solid black eyes as I continue, "You may be Alpha, but we are mates which means we are equals and I refuse to be treated less than."

I hold my breath as he studies my face until he finally takes a breath and narrows his eyes. "Family?"

I nod. "Yes. You have nothing to worry about trust me."

He sighs and grabs the back of my neck, pressing his forehead to mine. "Okay, fine."

I go to step away but he holds my neck firmly and stares me in the eye. "I'm trusting you, LeeAna."

Lan gives me a deep open mouthed kiss before leading us to the front doors of the school. As we walk through the doors everyone's eyes are on us. A few people actually shot me looks of sympathy. We walk down B hall towards my locker where I see Laney and Mike waiting for me.

Mike spots me first and jogs over to me, pulling me into a hug. I hug him back, enjoying the familiarity. Suddenly my shirt is yanked back and I'm pulled into a hot bulky chest. Shit, Landyn.

"Don't push it," he hisses in my ear. I nod and push away from him to hug Laney. She wraps her arms around me tightly, hurting my ribs.

"Geez Lee, you scared to shit out of me," she says while pulling away then punches my arm. "Call me next time you decide to ditch me at a party, you bitch." The amusement in her eyes tells me she's only messing around, but she throws a mean right hook.

A growl behind me froze all of us. Laney stared wide eyed behind me while Mike stared at the mark on my neck.

"Guys this is my mate, Alpha Landyn," I state quietly as Landyn pulls me against him. I'm pretty sure he's incapable of giving me personal space.

Laney is the first to speak. "Nice to formally meet you, Alpha."

Landyn nods. "Laney Gates," he looks at Mike,"and Micheal Rueman."

Mike stares at Landyn. "Just call me Mike. Pleasure, Alpha."

Mikes green eyes then slide to mine and he gives me a small smile, glancing to Laney and says, "I'll see you guys at lunch." Then he's gone.

Laney frowns in his direction. "Weirdo," she mutters than smiles at me. "Ready for World History."

I groan and turn to Landyn to grab my back pack. He pulls me into his body and kiss me hard.

"Your eating lunch with me, baby girl." He states through the mind link then kisses my forehead. "See you then."

He walks down the hall as I turn to Laney. Her mouth hung open in a smile and eyes wide.

"Shut up," I blush and walk past her.

She jogs up beside me. "I know he's scary and all but that was some serious hot shit."

I roll my eyes. "It was just a kiss, Laney. Calm down."

She fans herself dramatically. "Got me all hot and bothered."

I chuckle. Yeah, that's my best friend.

------------------------------------------

Classes go my fast before I'm walking to the cafeteria to meet up with Laney.

I see her red hair in the lunch line and walk up beside her bumping her hip with mine.

"My math teacher is so hot," she whispers to me.

I frown. "Mr. Hail?" The guy was like 50 years old.

"Eww no, you sicko. Mr. Jones," she wiggles her eyebrows. Laney has always been into older guys. I grab my tray and walk to a table in the corner but not before I spotted him.

Landyn

He wasn't alone though. He was with his group of friends and one particular girl.

Cara Adams

And she was sitting on his lap.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry for the late update and also sorry for accidentally publishing Chapter 4 before I even finished it.

Vote and comment :)

Also if anyone has any song preferences, please comment because I would love to hear them.