five

Camila kicked at a pebble as they walked, occasionally looking over at Lauren with an idiotic smile on her face. She was relieved that the older girl wasn't unhappy with her.

"What's gotten into you?" Lauren raised an eyebrow when she caught Camila staring at her. The smaller girl's face grew red and she giggled nervously.

"I am happy, that is all," Camila shrugged.

"You're about to be even happier," Lauren smirked, tugging on Camila's hand and leading her across the street. "Cause' we're here," she turned the corner and pointed to the frozen yogurt shop. Camila's face lit up and she practically dragged Lauren through the large front doors.

Camila shivered as soon as they set foot in the store. Noticing this, Lauren slipped her leather jacket off and laid it across Camila's shoulders. The smaller girl looked up at her in shock.

"But this is yours, Lolo," she said softly, trying to shrug the jacket back off her shoulders. Lauren simply laughed and shook her head.

"I want you to wear it," Lauren helped Camila slip her arms into the jacket, feeling butterflies in her stomach from seeing the smaller girl in her clothing.

"Banana," Camila smiled widely, spotting the banana flavored yogurt machine and grabbing a cup. Lauren did the same, keeping a close eye on Camila as she dispensed a large amount of frozen yogurt into the small bowl.

"What are you getting?" Camila asked, shuffling back over to Lauren with her bowl in both hands.

"I dunno," Lauren shrugged and handed her cup to Camila. "Surprise me."

"Okay!" Camila hummed, switching her bowl with Lauren's and slowly scanning the row of machines. For her, this was a big deal. Lauren had entrusted her with this mission, and Camila was determined to pick the perfect ice cream flavor.

Her eyes landed on the picture of a strawberry above one of the machines and she smiled. She liked strawberries. Ally had let her try a chocolate covered strawberry once, and then the smaller girl had to hide the remains from Camila because she kept begging for more.

That was it! Chocolate covered strawberry. Camila internally fist bumped herself for her amazing discovery.

First, she hopped to the chocolate machine, filling up half of the cup with strawberry flavored frozen yogurt. Then, she took a few steps to the side and topped it off with chocolate yogurt. Adorning a wide smile, she turned around and skipped back over to Lauren.

"Chocolate covered strawberry," Camila chimed, handing Lauren her cup and taking back her own. Lauren looked down and giggled.

"You're too smart for your own good," she teased. Camila crinkled her nose, heading over to the topping bar. Lauren followed and watched as Camila added a stack of banana slices to the top of her cup.

"I love bananas," Camila laughed softly and held her cup up to show Lauren. "Are you getting anything?"

"Nah," Lauren shook her head and nudged the other girl towards the counter. "I think what I've got is good."

"That is boring," Camila shook her head and turned back around, plucking a gummy bear from the toppings bar and placing it on top of Lauren's ice cream. "Mr. Bear," she nodded once.

Before Lauren could reply, Camila quickly gasped and turned to grab another gummy bear. She placed it next to Mr. Bear, and sighed in relief.

"What?" Lauren laughed, raising an eyebrow.

"Mr. Bear was lonely. So I got him another Mr. Bear," Camila nodded once, pointing to the gummy bears.

"What about Mrs. Bear?" Lauren asked, tilting her head to the side. Camila just giggled and shook her head.