1.7

"I don't want to remember but I can't seem to forget."

~~~

Harry stared at his hands, feeling highly depressed and just alone. It was midnight and Harry usually was asleep right now, most likely deep into a nightmare he couldn't wake from, but tonight was different.

He didn't like not being at work. Usually, when he was at home, he'd sleep away, but how could he sleep when he didn't have a place of business anymore?

Harry sighed, just wanting... He wanted comfort. But Harry was cold and alone and no one wanted to comfort him, they just wanted to have sex with him.

Harry, more than once, thought about calling Louis. It was absurd, but he knew, somehow, that Louis could most likely keep him relaxed.

Ed was the other option, but Harry would probably end up distracting himself by fucking Ed, but that wouldn't get anything done, now would it?

Harry closed his eyes and fell back, breathing shallowing out.

The street was dark. Harry stumbled down it, feeling exhausted from going out and getting high. He was only sixteen, but Harry was always out. He was always getting drunk or high. He was always trying to forget.

Suddenly, there was a shout and the sound of a gun. Harry looked up, trying to decipher which house the tortured screams were coming from, before the door of his own house was busted open and two men were darting out.

They hopped into a car and sped off, not even noticing the teenager standing by the street lamp.

A sudden thought took over Harry's mind as the screaming stopped and he was rushing into his house. Dread was crawling through his blood. He entered the family room and stopped.

Harry let out a scream, blood-curdling and horrid-

"Harry!"

Harry shot up, body covered in sweat, breath erratic. His eyes snapped and he jumped at the shadowy figure above him but relaxed when a small hand gripped his shoulder.

Harry reached over and cut on his lamp, feeling highly embarrassed that someone had witnessed him in such a fragile state.

Louis was there, eyes watery, cheeks flushed, looking like a damn wreck.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked, rubbing his eyes. "How did you find me?"

Louis looked around the bedroom, biting his lip. "I-I told your boss what was happening between us," Louis croaked out.

"You did?! What did he say?"

"He just... He smiled and was telling me that's it okay until-until my own boss walked in and said he heard. I'm f-fired. For lying."

Harry's mouth gaped open, a little shocked by Louis's confession. "Your boss fired you even after-"

"Yes!" Louis sobbed, finally breaking down. "And-And Peter comforted me and gave me your address because you wouldn't answer the ph-phone and I wasn't g-going to come, H-Harry, but I'm so... so... so-"

To Louis's surprise, Harry grabbed his waist and brought him to sit down, letting out a light sigh and thumbing Louis's jaw.

"I know, love. I just... I wish I knew why Avery was at Alive."

There was a hushed silence. Louis was still sniffling and Harry's breathing was still a little off, but they didn't say a word, Harry just hugged the boy who was mourning over his dead friend.

~~~

Harry knocked on the door of Scott's office, feeling rather angry.

The man opened the door, blinking at the sight of Louis and Harry. "What do you want?"

"Hire Louis back," Harry snapped, crossing his arms.

"No! Don't come in here demanding-"

"I swear to any existent god out there that if you don't hire Louis back, I'll make your life a living hell!" Harry growled, and, yeah, he was a little scary when angry.

"I'll call security," Scott warned; his voice was shaky.

"Do it," Harry challenged, cracking his knuckles.

Scott fish-mouthed before glancing between the two. "I didn't start that fire, Harry-"

"I defended you, Scott! I had just lost my job, my other home, but I was still willing to defend you against my own boss. I'm not playing some game here. You shouldn't have fired Louis."

"Honestly, it's not your business-"

"Please," Louis squeaked.

Scott stuttered before casting his eyes toward the ceiling.

"Louis... I'd hire you back... But we're only open for another week."

Louis stared, a bit shocked. "We can't shut down, we're the only gay strip club left-"

"Louis," Scott said sadly. "There's another club open. And without Alive, we just can't compete."

~~~

Okay so usually the main character focus switches each chapter but it was crucial to have harry be the main point of view here so the next two chapters will be Louis-based.

To the pic above... One Direction didn't take a selfie, Liam, Harry, Louis and Niall took a selfie. That's not One Direction...

QOTC: wtf Harry with your nightmares

PQOTC: what are you up to? How are you?

MA: just chilling. Really really tired but I felt the need to write bc it's been a few days.

Xx