30

"Also Imani I need you to straighten up your posture when you jump off the balancing beam. I think it is because you did not bother doing warm ups this morning."Coach Cynthia expressed in frustration as I continued to pack up in a hurry.

"I am confused. Are you listening?"She asked as she clapped once making me jump in fright.

"I am, my class started a few minutes ago and I really need to go because I have an assessment due next week and I really need to attend those lectures, I've missed 3 this week alone."I stammered as I grabbed my duffle bag in a hurry making her wave me off.

"Thank you."I yelled as I began to run from across campus to my class and once I got to the lecture room my lecturer was already wrapping everything up.

"Hey Mani."I smiled at Kai before I mumbled a greeting and walked out of my lecture room.

"You need my notes? I can help you with some of the test notes he gave us."She offered as she gave me a small smile making me sigh before I nodded my head.

"Thank you so much. After this class, I really need it. This is the third time this week arriving when half the lecture is done."I muttered in frustration making her frown as she looked at me

"Have you tried asking your coach for afternoon sessions?"She asked making me sigh as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Morning sessions are better because she's usually busy in the afternoon and my body a lot more flexible in the morning compared to the afternoon. I need to ask her to cut down my days and not make it every week. Maybe cut down, Wednesday. I have to compete in a few weeks so I don't even have time for that either."I muttered in frustration as I sighed out.

"You know what you need?"She asked as she gave me a small smirked.

"A shower to reflect your thoughts. An hour long study session with me and your boyfriend because the Bringston Lions just beat the best D-1 school in the country." She announced as she showed me her phone showing me a video of the boys cheering before she showed me a surprise party for the baseball team.

"There's a party?"I asked as I looked at the screen in disbelief.

"Yeah and we are going."

"Yeah otherwise JR will guilt trip me into going anyway. I should call him. I should get him a surprise or something."I muttered as I began to look in websites for a quickly delivery package.

"How's your uncle doing by the way?"I asked as I looked up at her making her look at me in confusion.

"What?"

"Your uncle? He was sick last month?"I asked as I looked at her in confusion.

"Oh yes, he's fine now. That was just so long ago I forgot."she muttered nervously making me nod my head slowly.

"That's good. I need to go shower and I will meet you at the library in a couple of hours?"I asked making her nod her head before I turned to head towards my dorm room whilst ordering a gift box for JR, once I customised it I had to delivered to his dorm room.

After I had taken a shower, got dressed and went to the library to meet Kai.

"This is making the assignment a lot easier now. Thank you so much, Kai."I whispered as I gave her a small smile and continued to type out my notes on my laptop.

"Anything for you."She whispered back making me sigh before I stretched and gently closed my laptop.

"You ready to go?"I asked as I gave her a placed my laptop into my bag and waited for her to pack up her bags.