Chapter 2: Zya Shatone Colbend: The birth of a Empire.

Once Zya was born and the doctors realized that she was crack addicted, Nia was under fire. Strung out, a drunken mess, even during delivery. But Zya was strong. Her tiny system suppressed most of the poison her mother had ingested and was born relatively healthy, with no birth defects at least. Nia immediately lost custody of Zya, as she was quickly adopted by a white family out in Sterling Heights. Zya was a beautiful baby. Chocolate as ever with big brown eyes and perfect dimples. Zya grew up very sheltered by her European family and thrived in high school. She was becoming a regular teenager. It wasn't until she started hanging with Simone & Lexianna did things begin to go south.

Simone & Lexianna were sisters from Armenia and often spent their weekends in Detroit in the trap with they black boyfriends Smoke & Corey. Smoke & Corey ran a lucrative promotion and apparel company and were supposedly clockin major figures in the D. This one thing you gotta realize about girls who grew up in the suburbs. They are always attracted to that ghetto ass street nigga mentality that Detroit guys offer. They love that shit. 4real.

So Lexianna and Simone invite Zya over for a "sleepover ". Once their parents were sound asleep in the master bedroom, the games began. Lexi called Smoke & got their location. She waisted no time tellin him, "Have Rob with yall, we got a sexy chocolate one for him"
Simone sniggled, then went to the mirror to adjust her hair and sheer skirt she was wearing so perfectly.
The ladies dolled up and raced to G-Wiz to party with their guys.
The party was on.
The DJ had the party hype and the drinks was flowing.
The smell of loud kush and sweet smelling cologne filled the air. This was Zya's first taste of the money atmosphere. This room smelled like money. She looked around as they made their way though the crowded club to the bar. Each man was dressed to perfection and the ladies were dressed to kill. They were no different, fittin right in with the immaculate crowd.
They got their drinks and proceeded to the VIP with Smoke, Corey & Rob. Lexianna and Simone were greeted by their men with a stack of 20's and a bottle of champagne. Zya wasn't particularly impressed, but they were, so I guess that's all that matters. Rob was sweet. He presented her with a fresh glass of champagne with a patron infused strawberry in it. She accepted the gesture, because it wasn't extra. She didn't like premeditation. By 1:45am, Zya had lost track of Lexianna and Simone. Smoke and Corey had disappeared as well. She could only make one conclusion. They were pleasing their distant black lovers. Zya wasn't the type though. She and Rob danced, drank and had a good time. She was wasted, and ready to call it a night. She leaned over onto Rob and asked,
"Where ya boys go?"
He looked around and replied,
"I have no clue love....you ready to bounce?"
Zya looked up at Rob, who looked down at her with concern.
"Yes, I am, but I rode with Lexi & Simone." She said, scanning the room for her friends.
"Where you stay?" He asked
"Sterling Heights. It's too late for me to go home though" she said
At this point, the club lights came on & people started shuffling towards the door. She still didn't see her friends, and began to wonder where they'd ran off to. She got her phone from her purse and noticed missed calls from Lexi and Simone's home number. The girls were so unruly, they weren't allowed to have cell phones. So Zya began to panic. And in her panicked state, her phone started buzzing again. This time it was her mother.
She couldn't hide the concern on her face, when Rob returned from collecting his share of the funds from the party.
"What's up?" He asked. "You iight Baby?"
"My mom is calling" Zya said in a low tone.
"Okay, let's get you home" he said, grabbing her hand and leading her to the door.
Once in Rob's 2018 Challenger he started asking her questions.
"Why you actin so nervous?" He asked gripping the .45 he kept inside the drivers door. Rob did not like Lexi and Simone saying that they were inbred rats sent by the FBI to take down their empire. He says their job is to fuck, suck and get pregnant by one of the Stone brothers. So when they brought Zya around, he felt some type of way. He wanted to know her intentions. And he wanted to know them now.
"I'm only 17. I was supposed to be at Lexi & Simone's house tonight. Clearly her parents found us out and told my mom. Now she's calling me non stop" Zya said, with attitude.
"Oh hell no. I'm not taking you out there. I'm 29 years old. If yo parents or police catch me in the car with you, I'm going to jail. I'll give you money for a cab and stay with you till it comes" Rob said, pulling over into a McDonald's parking lot.
"It's nothing personal sweetheart." He said
"I understand completely. I just want to know where Lexi & Simone are" She said back.
Once her cab came, she dialed her mothers number. Her mother told her that since she wanted to be grown so bad, she should come and get her things and not return. Tears streamed down Zya's face, as she realized she was on her own again.

She packed a small bag, with just a few outfits and some toiletries and headed back to Detroit. She cries silently the entire bus ride realizing she has nowhere to go. She pulls out her phone and dials Rob.
He picks up after a few rings.
"Hello?" He said sleeply
"Hi Rob, this is Zya. I know you don't know me well but I'm in trouble. Because of my actions tonight, my mom kicked me out. I have nowhere to go. Can you help" Zya said between sobs.
"Calm down Zy. I'm about text you this number. Call him and tell him Rob sent you and you need a weekend express" Rob said in a hurry.
"What's his name?" Zya asked while copying the number from the text.
"PK. He run a spot called Angel's on the Westside. Remember, Weekend express....." He said before hanging up.